• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seat Height Adjustment ??

TechiePilot

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
At 32.6" seat height, the NC700 is quite an elevated ride, right up there with the Kawasaki Versys' 33.1". My inseam is around 32", so I was a smidge concerned about this when I walked into the dealership to take delivery. I sat on the Nc700, and my feet were flat on the ground, not much bending of the knee there. Wow. So yesterday, I was out visiting some friends, and it took me three tries to figure out where to park (definitely not on the street), then when it came time to leave, it was a job to push back up the drainage dip... So might still be interested in lower it a bit ;-)

I understand that Honda may not have anything out on this (yet), and I don't want to 'void' the warranty by putting non-OEM part...

Hi TP
What OEM part are you talking about?
A lower seat? A cut seat? Change the links (lowering kit)?

I don't think Honda will void the waranty for these.
I, however, am not too sure if the insurance company (if they are picky) will check these in the event of a crash, etc.
I am just guessing aloud. I hope you find a solution. I ride tiptoe, and it is already a habit.

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void warranties or deny coverage under the warranty simply because an aftermarket or recycled part was used...The manufacturer or dealer must show that the aftermarket or recycled part caused the need for repairs before denying the warranty claim. (Auto Warranties, Routine Maintenance, and Repairs: Is Using the Dealer a Must?) (emphasis added)

Back