• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Information Seat Concepts Seat Review

Havok

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So over the winter I purchased a Seat Concepts driver’s seat for my 2020 NC 750x.
All said and done it cost about $300usd. That includes $25 for them to install it. You can just get the foam and cover sent to you and install it yourself or do like I did and sent them your striped down pan and they will install for an extra $25. Bargain in my view.

So this seat definitely takes care of the slope. It is much more comfortable for a daily commuter like myself. I ride about 20 miles a day to and from work. My only complaints are it makes the seat height a little higher. Went from flat footed at a stop to balls of feet and it is a little to sticky. To readjust your self you have to lift your butt up.

I don’t know if I would recommend it for long touring trips because I personally would prefer a saddle type seat for that but all in all very happy with the price and improvement it is over the factory seat.

Thanks for the review, Havok. I will add that Seat Concepts will build the foam with a different density if your weight should fall outside their target weight range for their standard foam. I requested different foam and got a personal call from them to discuss my needs.

While not an option if you pay SC for installation, if you do your own installation it allows you to reshape your foam as desired, within the limits of what the cover will fit.

I agree with the reviewer that the Seat Concepts regular does eliminate the forward slope, something I found that few aftermarket seats do.

Thanks for the review. I had been thinking of biting the bullet and buying the seat concepts but your review convinced me not to. I don't really have any complaints about the stock seat. With how often it is said to be not comfortable here on the forum I thought maybe I'd give a new seat a try. I'm happy with the seat height and I've never really noticed any forward sloping so I think I'll just save my money for suspension.

Thanks for the review. I had been thinking of biting the bullet and buying the seat concepts but your review convinced me not to. I don't really have any complaints about the stock seat. With how often it is said to be not comfortable here on the forum I thought maybe I'd give a new seat a try. I'm happy with the seat height and I've never really noticed any forward sloping so I think I'll just save my money for suspension.
Honda had to build the stock seat to match someone’s butt. Apparently it was yours!

I've never accused the stock seat of being comfortable but I haven't found it to be dissatisfactory in my short time on the NC, including the time I did a saddlesore 1000.

The angle is pretty annoying if your body isn't built for it and you don't normally like to sit jammed up on the frunk

If the angle of the stock seat bothers you, you can raise the nose of the seat by making a simple inverted U-bracket that bolts to the standard U on the frame. It raises the nose of the seat by 15-20 mm.

I've put some thought into this and questioned why the seat doesn't bother me. I have stock foot pegs and stock handle bars. I ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs and my knees tucked into the frunk. I'm about 5'10 in height. I think this gives me a slightly more aggressive riding posture than the average forum member which puts my butt against the back of the seat. My posture on the bike isn't sportbike aggressive but I'm also not completely up right either. I see a lot of members raise their handlebars and lower their pegs all of which will make for a more straight-up posture and probably better suited for longer riding. I bet it also causes you to slide forward on the seat too.

Now Ive done long trips and sure after sitting on the bike for 1000miles in a day my butt gets sore but I don't think that really counts as the fault of the seat, though I'm sure a softer wider seat would reduce that.

I've put some thought into this and questioned why the seat doesn't bother me. I have stock foot pegs and stock handle bars. I ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs and my knees tucked into the frunk. I'm about 5'10 in height. I think this gives me a slightly more aggressive riding posture than the average forum member which puts my butt against the back of the seat. My posture on the bike isn't sportbike aggressive but I'm also not completely up right either. I see a lot of members raise their handlebars and lower their pegs all of which will make for a more straight-up posture and probably better suited for longer riding. I bet it also causes you to slide forward on the seat too.

Now Ive done long trips and sure after sitting on the bike for 1000miles in a day my butt gets sore but I don't think that really counts as the fault of the seat, though I'm sure a softer wider seat would reduce that.
I totally agree the the bar and peg position also dictates ideal seat shape, and the NC seat works well with a forward body lean and feet under or slightly behind the rider’s butt. Where I had my problem with the stock seat was the “sculpture”, meaning the ridges on either side of center that are put there for styling. The ridges cut into my upper thigh, as I don’t have matching grooves in my thighs to accommodate those ridges. After 5 days of riding my buttocks were fine but my upper thighs would be chafed and sore. Sorry for the graphic descriptions.

If Honda would make a stock seat with a softly rounded shape to match a derrière, rather that trying match the creased styling lines of the plastic bodywork, it would probably be fine. Seat Concepts, the subject of this thread, also had put in some mild ridges, but I rounded the foam off with a rasp before installing the cover. Narrowing the front and getting rid of the ridges is how I made my ultimate seat from the Seat Concepts kit.

Last edited:

This seems to describe both my height, how I ride and my overall experience with my seat. The other keys I’ve found to the seat are wearing overpants really helps and riding below 40 degrees causes other body parts to go numb so you don’t notice the seat so much.

Agree on the ridges as well.
But, does the Seat Concepts low version of this seat also "get rid " of the slope?. I'm sure even the low version has the ridges, but, could be cut away / shaved as 670 advised

Agree on the ridges as well.
But, does the Seat Concepts low version of this seat also "get rid " of the slope?. I'm sure even the low version has the ridges, but, could be cut away / shaved as 670 advised
I’ve installed the Low version and it does get rid of the slope, drops the seat height by about 3/4”.
Also the fabric is grippier.
No ridges on it like the OEM.
So much more comfortable than the OEM.

Attachments

• 693ACB32-D447-401A-953D-95F6E82F7D9B.jpeg
    693ACB32-D447-401A-953D-95F6E82F7D9B.jpeg
    814.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 58223E89-7983-4682-B469-347941A2BD98.jpeg
    58223E89-7983-4682-B469-347941A2BD98.jpeg
    938.2 KB · Views: 87
I live less than 2 miles from Seat Concepts. Already have my order in for a low seat. But they are currently soooo far behind (no pun) they are now stating up to 8 or 10 weeks turnaround. Dang shame.

If the angle of the stock seat bothers you, you can raise the nose of the seat by making a simple inverted U-bracket that bolts to the standard U on the frame. It raises the nose of the seat by 15-20 mm.
I have done this but also installed washers inside of the 2 rubber supports to contact the frame and not put so much stress on the tongue.

In listening to the reviews of EU and British riders on the 2021 there does not seem to be a major complaint on new seat. Hopefully Mother Honda has listened to comments about their seat shape and may have updated the 2021 seat...however ya can't make every butt happy with one seat. I use wool seat covers with 1/2" memory foam glued to the bottom and it makes my behind happier. Can't wait for the feel of the new bike seat but I guess I must.

I'm 6'1", 205 lbs, 36" waistline. Put over 5k miles on my regular Seat Concepts seat. I'm a fan. If I had a complaint, the foam density on mine could be a little softer, but it's still not a big deal. 10x better than the stock seat. I absolutely hated the stock seat.

Last edited:
I'm 6'1", 205 lbs, 36" waistline. Put over 5k miles on my regular Seat Concepts seat. I'm a fan. If I had a compaint, the foam density on mine could be a little softer, but it's still not a big deal. 10x better than the stock seat. I absolutely hated the stock seat.
Just as a note to those that might be considering the Seat Concepts kit: The Seat Concepts foam can be ordered with customized density if desired. I put a note about altering the foam density on my order and then received a phone call from the factory to discuss my personal requirements. They built my seat kit with a lighter foam density and it has worked well for me.

Just as a note to those that might be considering the Seat Concepts kit: The Seat Concepts foam can be ordered with customized density if desired. I put a note about altering the foam density on my order and then received a phone call from the factory to discuss my personal requirements. They built my seat kit with a lighter foam density and it has worked well for me.

I got a deal in mine on Ebay, so I had no say-so in how it came. If I were to order one from the factory, I definitely would request softer density foam. But I'm happy enough with mine that I don't plan on replacing it. I'm content.

I ride the cruiser on the really long rides anyways, but still do several 300-500 mile weekend trips on the NC too.

Just got a follow-up email from seat concepts... said I was on deck, and they would be contacting me before the end of the month (I live nearby. They said, "Just come in with your seat, and in about 20 minutes it will be done") . Looking forward to something better than the wood plank my '18 came with.

Back