• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seat Concepts *LOW* seat

So they say they’ll put filler foam in it and will pay shipping on it both ways. I made sure they would before deciding what to do. Is this worth doing to be without my seat for another week or 2... or is there a fix I can do myself without taking the seat cover off? Maybe some weather stripping? I welcome everyone’s input. Thanks!

I installed just the foam for the Seat Concepts Low version. The stock seat cover reinstalled over it just fine. I went on a 1 hour ride and it was much more comfortable than stock. After doing this, though, I wish I had tried just reshaping the stock foam a bit by rounding over those sharpish areas toward the front. That is the only noticeable difference I could see.

This is an old thread, but I’d thought I’d toss something in on the Seat Concepts product. I tried the standard SC kit long ago but didn’t like it. Then I found out they use foam based on a 165-235 pound rider. Ah-ha! Being 165 myself, I’ll bet that foam was just too stiff. So I heard also they would build on softer foam upon request. I put that in the on-line order comments, and soon got a phone call confirming that they received my comment. Then a week or two later I got a call from whoever actually molds the foam and we talked about my weight and riding style and what I was looking for.

Now I have received the softer, regular height kit but I’m off doing other things so it’s not installed yet. I think I’ll round the sharp styling edges on the sides (as mentioned previously by another poster here). This is probably the seventh seat I’ve tried, so I hope the seventh time is the charm.

Ha, I'm around 216 lbs now, down from 225, and the standard SC foam in my seat is still too stiff! But it works good enough for me, especially at the price I purchased it at, so I'm not worried anymore about it. Maybe this will be the chosen one for you!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back