• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Scottoiler

Welsh Nomad

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody fitted a Scottoiler to the NC750X? Is there a vacuum pick up point in the injection system? If so is it easy to get at?

Mike

I have one of each on two of my bikes. I prefer Tutoro as it seems to meter the oil better than the Scottoiler. The quality of the Tutoro is just as good but no take-offs required either electrical or vacuum.

Hi Griff, I must look up Tutoro and see if they are available in the UK. Having said that I am in Ireland a few times a year so maybe you could point me in the right direction.

I had a Dominator about 5 years ago. I was a little disappointed in it as I was expecting something that would pull the side off a house at about 2000 RPM but mine just stalled out at those revs and was useless at less than 4000rpm. Also a seat as hard as a surf board. 50 mile down the road and my bum was screaming to get off.

I use the Auto Standard edition and I put spare 10/40 synthetic oil from my bike oil changes in it. It works perfectly and while the Scottoiler unit works well on my SM, it does make much more of a mess for some reason.

The Dominator was purchased to Qualify for Classic events in my Veteran and Vintage club. It is an original 89 UK model and is in mint condition. I love singles as my first bike was a BSA M21 which was a 600 single. The Dom will not light any fires but if one isn't in a hurry it is a nice little backroad bike. Shot attached.

P1030321.jpg

Nice bike Griff. Mine was a black 1999.
I used to have an M21 when I was 15, which was a very long time ago. I love the M21 and would love to have one now but sadly the prices they now command are rediculous, especially when I had mine given to me for nothing and it came with a chair. We promply took the chair off so that we could ride it solo around the fields and mountains. Now that would climb the side of a house at tickover, which is why I was disappointed with the NX.
My NX had to have a new cam fitted as the oil filter, which is built into the RH side case developed a crack inside which meant that the oil was going straight back into the sump and not much was getting up to the camshaft. It was a pig of a job as 2 studs snapped in the head and then my mate snapped an Easit when trying to get the remains out. Bike was off the road for 6 months while I worked out how to fix it. Did it in the end and then sold the bike as it wasn't suitable for the long distance touring I wanted to do. I have a set of Hepco and Becker pannier frames for the NX if you know anybody who may be interested in buying them.
IMG_1878.jpg

Bad luck indeed with the filter. All that fixing would also have taken the good out of the bike for you. A friend has a black one just like that and he uses it for trail riding. Again it is a minter that he got in the UK with just 3000 miles on it. It is an 03 model though. Mine has a genuine 9000 miles on the clock. I picked it up from a chap in Ipswich last year. It has led a charmed life with just three owners (including me) in 25 years. My experiences with the M21 were not good as I had some problems with it, but ever after I have loved singles. I had better stop here as I will end up getting ticked off for going off topic :)

Back