• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sargent Seats Upcoming Sale

mzflorida

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone. Long time! I've been working long hours after being promoted. Anyhow, I went on a 500 miler again last weekend and concluded that I do need a new seat. I am strongly leaning toward the Sargent. I reached out to them to see if they offer a veteran's discount. Below is their repsonse. I hope it helps.

Decided to keep the NC for another year. Then, going to a Gold Wing or VFR1200X. It's a toss-up right now.

Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 8:21 AM
To: 'Mike Zaleski'
Subject: RE: Veterans Discount Question

Hello Mike, Yes we do give a 10% discount to current and former military members.

Thank you for your service.

FYI, we will be having a sale during the week of July 12th, that might give a slightly bigger discount.

Also check our website around July 4th as well, might be something going on then as well. That is not definite though.

Cheers,

Bizarre. My link didn't work so at first I thought the website was down, but today it still doesn't work. I hit the edit button and discovered the forum here is changing the http in the website address to https which is killing the link. Even after I edit the 's' out of https the forum just adds it back. What the heck?

No worries, I just changed the whole address to a tinyurl and it seems to be working now.

Has anyone bought the front seat only? If so, how does it look with the factory rear seat?

Sargent-good-fit-top.jpg
I love my Sargent front seat (only). Matches perfectly with the factory rear. I like the option of leaning off and moving around on a saddle, so non-squishy saddles like Sargent and Corbin (and sometimes BMS) are the only options for me.

Just installed my new sargent seat and put about 150 miles on yesterday. It looks great but Right now I am wishing it had a little more “ squish”. Any idea if this seat will break in a bit with more use?

Just installed my new sargent seat and put about 150 miles on yesterday. It looks great but Right now I am wishing it had a little more “ squish”. Any idea if this seat will break in a bit with more use?

It will conform a little to your butt shape and weight, but not much. 150 miles is a moderately good 1-day ride. There's a chance your discomfort was partially due to newness of the Sargent. Give it a bit more time.

The rider seat matches up good enough to not bother with the rear seat cover replacement hassle.
The seat is getting a bit slippery though. I've had mine since November and put over 3000 miles on it. Anyone else experience this?
I'm tempted to look into getting some rubber pads for the gas tank to grab it with my knees better.

Attachments

• 20171108_123043.jpg
    20171108_123043.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 20171108_124119.jpg
    20171108_124119.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 117
The rider seat matches up good enough to not bother with the rear seat cover replacement hassle.
The seat is getting a bit slippery though. I've had mine since November and put over 3000 miles on it. Anyone else experience this?
I'm tempted to look into getting some rubber pads for the gas tank to grab it with my knees better.

The Sargent seat I had briefly was the most slippery seat I tried. The forward slope was also still there, so when stopping I’d have to grip the bike with my knees to try to stay in place on the seat and not slide up on the frunk. That was the reason I returned it. I’m guessing they have different covers available, and I don remember which I ordered.

Has anyone bought the front seat only? If so, how does it look with the factory rear seat?
The current Sargent seat cover matches the 2012 stock seat covering material better than the NC seat that came later. With a black welt on the Sargent probably no one but you will notice the difference. On the first NC I replaced only the front seat as that is all they offered back then. By 2015 they offered the pillion seat cover and I went with both front and rear - I have a white welt for contrast and it is noticeable across the top front of the pillion.

The CarbonFX is slick but I prefer that type of seat cover. Adjusting the seat to fit your personal taste or fit eliminates sliding forward.

The foam that Sargent uses does not really break in. It is a firm seat today and tomorrow. I was at a rally when someone asked the same question you did about his brand new seat. I had about 150,000 miles on a Sargent seat on the same bike model and he compared his to mine by sitting on both as did other people standing around checking out the seat comparison. The new one felt just like the old one. No one could tell a difference.

Riding is somewhat like other athletic activities. I think we can build up stamina by riding often and riding longer and longer and building up to riding for longer times and distances without discomfort.

Soft or softer foam is not necessarily the answer. The perfect example of this is Corbin. They use a very very stiff foam on almost all their seats . Some people absolutely love them. It all personal preference........but too soft often lacks support and holds heat which makes ventilation and comfort go bad fast.

Harpomark......you hit on the two areas of the NC short comings.....the seat and suspension. Resolve those and the NC will be transformed into a new bike. I normally live with stock suspension......NC suspension was one area that I could no longer over look.....it’s not cheap to fix but its a good investment.

I had the Sargent seat and still it needed the front lift modification for me to fix the slope problem.

Last edited:
Back