• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sargent Seat, Pre-Registering NC700X for Seat Development

seat reflections. It's good. It's not RDL.... but I just finished 1500 miles in two days on the Sargent seat by itself. I don't think I could have done that on the stock.

(of course, why would I tout the RDL having never been near one.) ??? strange....

Rear seat cover installed

Finally got the chance to install the rear seat cover. The old Handheld manual Arrow stapler wasn't up to the task. Nor was a borrowed electric staple gun. The Honda Seat pan laughed at the staples those shot. I decided to purchase a Harbor freight pneumatic 20 gauge staple gun and off I went.

Sure I could have found an upholstery shop to do it for me but it would have cost me at least the $20 dollars I spent on the pneumatic gun and now I have a kick *** tool and I learned something about covering the seat...Win-Win! Sorry I didnt take pics of the process but its actually quite simple....Patients and check for centering front to back and side to side.
20140518_153711_resized.jpg20140518_153722_resized.jpg20140518_153737_resized.jpg

OK just got out on the first ride with the Sargent. Aside from the stock seat, the only other seat I tried was the Corbin which I put about 700 miles on it. Both the Corbin and the sargent beat the stock seat in terms of looks and comfort. My honest opinion is the Corbin is the more comfortable seat than the Sargent however I think the Sargent setup looks better than the Corbin.

With the discount for pre registering and the fact the rear seat cover was an inexpensive option, I think the Sargent is a good option. If money is no object and you happen to like the Corbin look then that is probably the more comfortable way to go but at a price especially if you purchase the matching rear seat.

Overall, I'm pleased with the Sargent now that they modified it to fit the frunk better.

Just finished my fourth 400+ mile day on my modified stock seat piece of crap. I'm bummed because I can't own a Sargent or Corbin due to my SW-Motech rack. That leaves Seat Concepts (which helps), RDL or custom. I was in so much pain yesterday after 200 miles I had to start taking breaks.......that's too early.

I really like this bike but if I can't find a solution to the pain in the arse quickly I'm going to trade it in on something else.

Rant over,
Mike

Just finished my fourth 400+ mile day on my modified stock seat piece of crap. I'm bummed because I can't own a Sargent or Corbin due to my SW-Motech rack. That leaves Seat Concepts (which helps), RDL or custom. I was in so much pain yesterday after 200 miles I had to start taking breaks.......that's too early.

I really like this bike but if I can't find a solution to the pain in the arse quickly I'm going to trade it in on something else.
Rant over,
Mike
Mike,
Where did you gain the information regarding the seats that do not work with the SW Motech rack? I have had an SWMOTECH rack on my bike since buying it new in 2012.
I have had a Corbin seat on my NC700X for about one year. It fits and works fine with the SM rack. Plus it is the best of the seats I have bought and tried on my NC! Most comfortable and roomy, and it looks good too.
You are correct about the Sargent seat. The SW rack would not even allow me to insert the mounting screws and install the Sargent. I couldn't even take a test ride. Very disappointed in the Sargent company with this seat.
I would try a Corbin before I'd sell the bike. Just saying.

Mike,
Where did you gain the information regarding the seats that do not work with the SW Motech rack? I have had an SWMOTECH rack on my bike since buying it new in 2012.
I have had a Corbin seat on my NC700X for about one year. It fits and works fine with the SM rack. Plus it is the best of the seats I have bought and tried on my NC! Most comfortable and roomy, and it looks good too.
You are correct about the Sargent seat. The SW rack would not even allow me to insert the mounting screws and install the Sargent. I couldn't even take a test ride. Very disappointed in the Sargent company with this seat.
I would try a Corbin before I'd sell the bike. Just saying.

I thought I read that somewhere. Might give Corbin a try. Thanks.
Mike

anyone knows what is the main difference between the world performance seats & the world performance plus seats?
have a gd deal from my local dealer now jumping on the line to make an order by this week.
Also any issues with hepco & becker rear n side racks fittings??

The one and only difference, oops three differences

anyone knows what is the main difference between the world performance seats & the world performance plus seats?
have a gd deal from my local dealer now jumping on the line to make an order by this week.
Also any issues with hepco & becker rear n side racks fittings??
The one and only difference besides the NAME and PRICE is the upholstery material. It is suppose to be non slip!:rolleyes:
Don't know anything about the Hepco & Becker racks, but I know first hand that the Sargent seat will not work with the SW Motech rear rack!:(

ok thanks for the info, since my dealer giving me the same price for both so
the decision is quite clear now....... hehe

The one and only difference besides the NAME and PRICE is the upholstery material. It is suppose to be non slip!:rolleyes:
Don't know anything about the Hepco & Becker racks, but I know first hand that the Sargent seat will not work with the SW Motech rear rack!:(

I thought the stock seat was fine for a long while. I noticed that I was readjusting my jeans around my nether regions a bit, but that was all. I had a couple friends ride my bike (for very short time periods) and they mentioned sliding forward and it being uncomfortable. I didn't really notice until I rode some 150 mile plus days. There were pressure points on my butt that began to burn. I recently installed the Sargent World Sport Performance Seat and it has been more comfortable so far. I don't have to adjust my jeans to make more room. The wider seat is nice on pressure points. But I have yet to take it on a long ride with the seat. I will let you know with an all day ride if you want.

I registered but the Sargent Home page shows they have 2 seats for the NC700X already. I'm looking at changing seats because I just can't ride this more than 2 hrs. at a click and doing an all day is miserable at the finish of the ride. Even using a gel pad. Hate to spend $500 for a Russell Day Long but hat to spend money on a seat I know nothing about. Maybe you guys can give me some input.

Not to complain or be negative on Sargent, but here is my feedback:

Some people like the Sargent. I didn't and returned mine. The forward slope was still there to some extent, and if you get the standard cover it is very slippery with some certain riding gear. When I hit the brakes I was up on the frunk. Mine was also one of the early ones that didn't fit right. I'd hope the fitment issue would have been resolved. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
I registered but the Sargent Home page shows they have 2 seats for the NC700X already. I'm looking at changing seats because I just can't ride this more than 2 hrs. at a click and doing an all day is miserable at the finish of the ride. Even using a gel pad. Hate to spend $500 for a Russell Day Long but hat to spend money on a seat I know nothing about. Maybe you guys can give me some input.

It doesn't get any better then a Russell Day Long !!!!

I installed a Sargent World Sport Performance Seat, CFX/black welt, regular height, around the 1st of October 2015 when my 2015 NC was about a month old. Did a number of 4+ hour rides and a couple multi-day trips after that and find the Sargent seat very comfortable. A bit of forward slope, but nothing like the stock seat and I find that bit of forward angle keeps me in a "snug" position going through twisties. I wear FirstGear TGP pants and Rev'it Enterprise pants and neither of those slide around on the seat.

I registered but don't quite understand. On their web site they show two choices of seats for the NC700X.
Pre-Registering was almost three (3) years ago, prior to Sargent making a seat for the NC700. Just to judge interest in their seat.
No need for any further registering. Just visit their site and make a choice.

Back