• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sargent seat...my a$$ is happy

searsboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Got a Sargent seat last week and so far I am very pleased. I haven't put many miles on it yet but really like the no slip material. They also addressed the forward slope so no spacer mod is needed anymore. The quality and workmanship is very good. The mounting tabs don't line up as well as OEM, but still ez on off. It follows the lines of bike and frunk perfectly. I got the heated option, but they were out of stock on the controller, so that aspect hasn't been explored yet. The foam is firm, but not a brick.
Overall my a$$ is happy and my wallet is thinner. I will give an update after a 1000 mile ride next weekend.

Last edited:
Yep got mine on last week also. Best investment so far on bike. Had one on my KLR and had to give the stock seat a try but after a 630 mile one day trip I was on the phone with sargent. The 2014 have the DTX material stock so I stayed with it on the new seat. I agree my but and back are both happy. Now just waiting on my ROX 2" handle bar extenders to complete the comfort package.

Saw on another forum Sargent is doing a fall sale, 20% off if you order by phone. That'd be $255.96 total for a new replacement seat..... I've actually been real happy with my Seat Concepts seat, but for $250 I'm tempted to order a Sargent and just sell it/return it if I don't like it. Anyone ridden on both?

Anyway, head's up if you're on the fence!

trey

Searsboy- when you get the seat controller, follow this link for the install:

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/7108-calling-all-electrical-engineers.html

The heated seat works pretty good. I have the controller tied to my handlebars, but will make a small bracket to mount it on the bar clamp. If you don't have any other accessories connected to the subharness, then simply tie directly to it. Since I have a 12V port and heated hand grips, I had to go another route. The seat uses a 5A fuse, but I prefer self-resetting circuit breakers.

Good luck,
Motor

Thanks for the link motorheadrules!!!

Just got back from a 1200 mile ride and the Sargent seat did VERY well! I have tried just about everything except going with Sargent, Corbin or Day Long and am finally satisfied. Worth the money IMHO. I can't wait to get the heat controller!!!!

Got a Sargent seat last week and so far I am very pleased. I haven't put many miles on it yet but really like the no slip material. They also addressed the forward slope so no spacer mod is needed anymore. The quality and workmanship is very good. The mounting tabs don't line up as well as OEM, but still ez on off. It follows the lines of bike and frunk perfectly. I got the heated option, but they were out of stock on the controller, so that aspect hasn't been explored yet. The foam is firm, but not a brick.
Overall my a$$ is happy and my wallet is thinner. I will give an update after a 1000 mile ride next weekend.

Thanks ... I just ordered one .... love this bike and maybe the last bike I get so best to have it comfortable....

Wow the Sargent seat is great. I no longer need to use the seat mod (did a great job > 10000 miles) and the seat just feels different in a nice way. Have only done < 100 mile tests so far but I no longer need the AirHawk DS and the bead seat cover. Real test will be soon when I run a 400 mile day on the seat, but just from my first observations it should be very good.

Kudos to the Sargent team as they got it to me in 5 days ( ordered Sat 12/06 at 8pm and had it in my hands Thursday 12/11 2pm... and they gave me a discount and paid the shipping (I was nor expecting any of this). Was a wonderful Christmas gift to myself from Sargent.

Question for recent buyers of Sargent seats: does the seat now fit along with the SW-Motech Alu-Rack? My Sargent was in the initial production run and it was too wide to mount it if anything caused the rear grab rails to be raised, even by a couple millimeters. Had to return the seat.

Saw on another forum Sargent is doing a fall sale, 20% off if you order by phone. That'd be $255.96 total for a new replacement seat..... I've actually been real happy with my Seat Concepts seat, but for $250 I'm tempted to order a Sargent and just sell it/return it if I don't like it. Anyone ridden on both?

Anyway, head's up if you're on the fence!

trey

I had the seat concepts on my original NC and now have a Sargent seat on my current one. I preferred the seat concepts but now added an Airhawk which increased my comfort considerably as well as raising me a little higher for more legroom.

There are so many seats out there and I'm completely on the fence about what to get? I've never found a seat I truly liked on the many bikes I've ridden. With the sale price, I'm really tempted to purchase a Sargent Seat for Christmas, but I live only and hour and a half from Seat Concepts, so I could probably go up there and maybe get fitted. Anyone tried that? Also, do both seats solve the forward leaning issue? I'm 6'3 and have a 36" inseam and I wear thick work boots while riding to and from work every day. My knees are above the frunk and even with the shokey seat mod, it still doesn't feel right and slide forward. I've got plans for lowered foot pegs and a new seat, but just can't decide on the seat. Do any of them raise the seating height, move it back a little, and make it more level? I'm trying to find side shots of the seats on the bikes for comparison, but no luck. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Paul

pwiliaml,
I found the Sargent to be average height (thinner than stock at the rear), and almost but not quite eliminating the slope. If you get Sargent's standard cover it is quite slippery, so you will slide forward when braking. My opinion is if you're looking for a taller seat, the Seat Concepts is your best bet. It was the tallest and widest of the five that I've tried (Seat Concepts, Sargent, stock, Saddlemen, Shad). I don't know if Seat Concepts will do customs, since they just sell foam and covers in kit form.

pwiliaml,
I found the Sargent to be average height (thinner than stock at the rear), and almost but not quite eliminating the slope. If you get Sargent's standard cover it is quite slippery, so you will slide forward when braking. My opinion is if you're looking for a taller seat, the Seat Concepts is your best bet. It was the tallest and widest of the five that I've tried (Seat Concepts, Sargent, stock, Saddlemen, Shad). I don't know if Seat Concepts will do customs, since they just sell foam and covers in kit form.
I found the Seat Concept to be the tallest of all the seats I've tried, (probably tried more than anyone on this forum)' and I also found the Corbin the most comfortable, followed by the Seat Concept. Overall the Seat Concept is superior if you also factor in the costs of the seats.

I found the Seat Concept to be the tallest of all the seats I've tried, (probably tried more than anyone on this forum)' and I also found the Corbin the most comfortable, followed by the Seat Concept. Overall the Seat Concept is superior if you also factor in the costs of the seats.

Just goes to show that everyone's buns are different! :)

I've tried Shad, Seat Concept, a local guys mod, air hawk, beadrider, & CC Bailey before getting the Sargent... and all with and without the seat mod. The Sargent finally satisfied me (w/o the seat mod).

I sold my NC with the stock seat, so I still have a heated Sargent for sale in the proper forum section.

Tried the Sargent, One of the first buyers

I've tried Shad, Seat Concept, a local guys mod, air hawk, beadrider, & CC Bailey before getting the Sargent... and all with and without the seat mod. The Sargent finally satisfied me (w/o the seat mod).

I sold my NC with the stock seat, so I still have a heated Sargent for sale in the proper forum section.

I was an early purchaser, took advantage of the initial discount, and it wouldn't fit my bike with the SW Motech rear rack. So I sold it!
Highly disappointed!:(

I too was an initial buyer, throught out my summer trip never once was brothered by seat related issues. This inculded my last leg home from Albuquerque to League City in 18hrs; which I couldn't have done with the stock seat.

What did you replace the NC700X with? Just curious..... not noisey as I sometime drool over the KTM and Ducati but for twice the X price doesn't seem right. I'm a 80/20 rider and the X has only one issue and that is the 3.5 tank.... but have the HondaPro Rack and a 1.75 rotopak , so far never stranded but also have a 32oz fuel bottle in tool tube under top box....

What did you replace the NC700X with? Just curious..... not noisey as I sometime drool over the KTM and Ducati but for twice the X price doesn't seem right. I'm a 80/20 rider and the X has only one issue and that is the 3.5 tank.... but have the HondaPro Rack and a 1.75 rotopak , so far never stranded but also have a 32oz fuel bottle in tool tube under top box....

Not to be nosey or intrude on privacy, but the answer is public knowledge in this thread:http://nc700-forum.com/forum/sell-your-bike-car-truck/7732-2012-nc700xd-dct-sale.html

Last edited:
Back