• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sargent seat - 2018

• Thread starter Deleted member 11011
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11011

Received a new Sargent seat and on installation found two shortcomings: front "ears" rub against the fairing and the bolt holes don't align. Longer bolts would likely do the trick but if tightened completely would lead to distortion of the seat. I've had Sargent seats previously and they installed like an OEM seat would; well, like it was made for it. The seat wasn't made for the OEM pan but the pan provided by Sargent. Has anyone experienced such shortcomings on aftermarket seats?

Received a new Sargent seat and on installation found two shortcomings: front "ears" rub against the fairing and the bolt holes don't align. Longer bolts would likely do the trick but if tightened completely would lead to distortion of the seat. I've had Sargent seats previously and they installed like an OEM seat would; well, like it was made for it. The seat wasn't made for the OEM pan but the pan provided by Sargent. Has anyone experienced such shortcomings on aftermarket seats?
Way back when Sargent first introduced a seat for the NC700X, it didn’t fit mine. I couldn’t install the bolts. I returned the seat.

I haven’t checked the Sargent web site, but do they spec different seats for 2012-15 vs 2016-20? The NCX body work is different between those year ranges.

Sorry to hear this. I’ve purchased several Sargent seats and they all fit perfectly.
Thanks for the reply. I'm about to call Sargent and tell them of my disappointment. I in no way mean to dis Sargent as I'm sure they'll make good.
Way back when Sargent first introduced a seat for the NC700X, it didn’t fit mine. I couldn’t install the bolts. I returned the seat.

I haven’t checked the Sargent web site, but do they spec different seats for 2012-15 vs 2016-20? The NCX body work is different between those year ranges.
I have model year 2018XD. I believe this seat is for 2012-2020. An aside: along with the seat I found installation instructions for a 1999-2004 Triumph Sprint.

I have the 2020 DCT. Just receive my Sargent seat a couple of weeks ago and it fit perfectly, much better than the Seat Concepts I was replacing. Buying experience was very good as I received a week sooner than was quoted. My only issue it is more slick than I expected but an easy cure with a sheepskin. So far I am very pleased.

To all who responded: I bought longer seat bolts, installed them, and drew them up tight. Since the Sargent brackets are aluminum they are malleable. The seat is not in any bind which was my principal concern. Looking at the seat on the bike I'd say Sargent probably knows what its doing. Ya think? Again, I've had great success previously so why not now? If it ever stops raining here in the Northwet, I'll go for a ride. Thanks again for y'alls input.

I have a 2020 NC 750 DCT and had an extremely difficult time getting the Sargent seat installed. Initially I thought I would never get it installed, but after a lot time and semi forcing the bolts into the rear of the seat I finally got it installed. I find the seat more comfortable than the stock seat, but definitely feel the design is significantly off and probably would have bought a Corbin if I knew how difficult it would have been trying to get it to fit.

I didn't have to go two out of three falls with it, but the key was longer bolts (30mm) and just tightening them. I was concerned distortion would result, but none occurred. When all said and done, the seat fits rather nicely over all. The rear seat does as well. I just don't like forcing something. I expected it to fit like the OEM seat. Don't know yet about the comfort, but a previous Sargent seat on another bike was very good. I bought a Corbin for a Triumph I had and had to sent it back for a redo. Tricky stuff, these motorcycle seats.

Back