• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Salt Lake City Utah checking in

Floowid

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings!

I pulled the trigger and bought a used (barely) 2019 NC750X today. 104 miles and some goodies already on it. The bike came with a Puig tall windscreen, Leo Vince exhaust, some cheapy handguards, and some nice (but wider) footpegs. I noticed the footpegs have created a problem that maybe this forum can help me solve. The pegs are wider than stock, and have closed the gap between the front of the peg and the shift lever knob. I had real difficulty getting my booted foot under the peg to upshift. I find myself grabbing it from the side sometimes. There is a little adjustment left to bring the lever up, which I am hoping helps. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a simple solution?

Anyway, I am super excited for the weather to warm up so I can get to riding this baby! Any "must have" mods for this bike? I am looking at handlebar risers, a front fender extender and a radiator cover to protect that exposed radiator. Eventually I would like to squeeze a little more power out of that motor, but I bought this bike to be a great economical commuter and knock around town bike, so I am ok with the HP as is.

Great to be here!

Floowid

Maybe boots with a thinner toe box? I have wider pegs on mine as well, but no clearance problem. There is a possibility that the PO moved the gear selector lever though.....

You'll be hard pressed to get much more "oomph" out of the engine, without a large dollar outlay. As with most Hondas, adding a Power Commander, etc, won't really make enough difference to matter. You'd be better off moving to a larger/more powerful bike for that.

Welcome to the forum, and ride safe!

Welcome to the forum! We’re glad you are here.

I guess maybe I’m not seeing the full picture here. If the pegs causing problems are wider than stock, why not just replace those with stock pegs?

If you do manage to squeeze more power out of the engine, you might be the first. Very few people even try, perhaps because want for power is not the reason most people would even buy an NC. I’ve been on this forum over 8 years and I don’t know of anyone finding any more power, besides buying a different bike.

As for must have modifications, most people quickly want to do something about the bad stock seat. Next, depending on how you use the bike, might be a larger (or smaller) windscreen. You already have the Puig. I don’t know how tall it is, but if it is mid height and noisily directs the wind at your chin or face, you might decide to try something else. You might even try a stock windscreen if it’s hot and you just ride around town. Bars risers are a popular choice for many.

Let’s hope you get great riding weather soon!

You can move the shift lever up and down. Just take out the bolt, remove the arm off of the splines, and reassemble in a new position. Make sure to test it out thoroughly while you are stopped before you ride!

You can move the shift lever up and down. Just take out the bolt, remove the arm off of the splines, and reassemble in a new position. Make sure to test it out thoroughly while you are stopped before you ride!
It’s recommended that altering the length of the turnbuckle link be the preferred shifter height adjustment method. If you move the arm on the shaft splines, you begin to alter the geometry of the bellcrank, which is less desirable.

Hey Floowid: Did you pick it up at Karl Malone on 3300S? LOL. I just purchased a red 2018 NC750X on Tuesday over there and remember the bike you just bought. They were getting interest in those bikes all a once. I wonder if you were checking out your bike at the same time I was in buying process of mine.

Haha yeah that's the one. I went in to check it out on Wednesday. I went all over the place looking at a lot of different bikes that day. The Honda was by far my favorite so I went back the next day and bought it.

Just an FYI: I removed a 1 1/2" handle bar riser from my other bike and installed it on the new NC750. It moved the handle bars up and backwards towards me. Seems like it reduced a bit of wrist strain (not that it was a problem before), so next I'll be putting on a Madstad windscreen and some Puig hard saddle bags. The saddle bags won't arrive til the end of March. THEN, at the end of April, heading for Arizona Hwy 191 (Three Way to Springerville) for a real ride.

I have some 1" risers coming tomorrow along with a radiator cover/guard. I followed you on the forum, I'm interested to see how the bags look. That ride sounds fun. I am tossing around the idea of riding down to Palm Springs around that same time. By then I'll know if I need to do anything about that stock seat for such a long ride.

mcthomson that would be great! I just barely got home, first trip straight from the dealership. It's 45 degrees and I think I am going to need about 5 or 10 more degrees for freeway riding. As soon as I warm back up, though, I think another rip around town is in order.

mcthomson that would be great! I just barely got home, first trip straight from the dealership. It's 45 degrees and I think I am going to need about 5 or 10 more degrees for freeway riding. As soon as I warm back up, though, I think another rip around town is in order.
I'm right there with you man. Will probably just beat around town until it warms up a little. I'm also a pretty new rider so I'm still trying to get comfortable at higher speeds.

The weather has been unusually warm the last week, and I have managed to put several hundred miles on the bike. I got the bar risers on and now the bar height and steering geometry feel spot on. I still need to fiddle with the foot pegs and shifter a little bit. I have looked at getting new and better riding boots. There is some adjustment in the pegs I can use to rotate them forward just a little bit. Whoever bought my bike and put all the accessories on must have had really small feet or short legs.

After several hundred miles of just farting around town I have some observations.
  • I need to do something about this seat. My average ride has been around 40 miles and within just that time I am finding my butt getting a little cranky.
  • I love this bike! Now that I am used to the power delivery I am very happy with how it scoots around surface streets while still being able to cruise smoothly at freeway speeds.
  • It feels like the motor goes through a little rough vibration around 3k rpm. Anybody else notice this?
  • The user manual has outrageous suggested shift points. I don't know who is in 6th gear by 30mph.
I have been looking around for a good bluetooth headset and possibly comms device to install in my helmet. I'm mostly interested in listening to music from my phone and possibly answering a call if necessary, less interested in the communication aspect. I've looked at everything from cheapo China $20 setups to high end Sena and Cardo stuff. Anybody have good suggestions?

Yeah, I have to agree with the power. Some reviewers found the NC to be rather boring, like driving a semi-truck, and I kinda got the same impression on the first two rides, but after giving it more time, discovered this great invention that Honda put on the bikes called "LOWER GEARS". The bike comes alive like pretty much all others in it's class except that it is amazingly smooth and fun to ride! There's more than enough acceleration in the 4k-6k range! I've gotta rave about Honda for a second. I've owned 3 Yamahas (one of them bran new), a Kawi, and a Suzuki. This is my first ever Honda. The quality of their components are better. The engineering that went in to ergonomics is amazing. The machine runs flawlessly and smooth. Maintenance is so easy it's almost funny. The Kawi and Suzuki were fine, but the 2017 Yamaha FZ07, although quick and nimble, had crap for components, maintenance, and performance. I'm not kidding. If you want to know the gruesome details, just write a private message. The Honda is blowing me away. Took it for a ride in high winds last week to verify my reason for purchasing it, and was not disappointed. It tracked the road very well for a 475pound bike. As good or better than the cruisers I owned.

Yeah, I have to agree with the power. Some reviewers found the NC to be rather boring, like driving a semi-truck, and I kinda got the same impression on the first two rides, but after giving it more time, discovered this great invention that Honda put on the bikes called "LOWER GEARS". The bike comes alive like pretty much all others in it's class except that it is amazingly smooth and fun to ride! There's more than enough acceleration in the 4k-6k range! I've gotta rave about Honda for a second. I've owned 3 Yamahas (one of them bran new), a Kawi, and a Suzuki. This is my first ever Honda. The quality of their components are better. The engineering that went in to ergonomics is amazing. The machine runs flawlessly and smooth. Maintenance is so easy it's almost funny. The Kawi and Suzuki were fine, but the 2017 Yamaha FZ07, although quick and nimble, had crap for components, maintenance, and performance. I'm not kidding. If you want to know the gruesome details, just write a private message. The Honda is blowing me away. Took it for a ride in high winds last week to verify my reason for purchasing it, and was not disappointed. It tracked the road very well for a 475pound bike. As good or better than the cruisers I owned.
Did you ride today at all by chance? It was crazy windy by me and I got pushed around quite a bit. It took me a little by surprise to be honest.

Did you ride today at all by chance? It was crazy windy by me and I got pushed around quite a bit. It took me a little by surprise to be honest.
Sadly, no. I'm cooped up in a noisy factory with very few windows for 12 1/2 hours a day :( That should change the end of this month :) My last day for full time employment is March 30th! :cool:

I hope having your last day of full time employment is a good thing. I just turned 50, so my last day of full time employment is still about 15 years out, barring some kind of miracle. Yesterday was warm and nice and Sooooo windy I didn't even think of getting the bike out of the garage. I've ridden on really windy days, and it is fine once you get used to it, but it can be very jarring to get blown around like a plastic bag.

Yeah, I know all too well what it is like to get thrown around on a motorcycle. My wife asked me to sell my FZ07 and get something that can handle the wind better. That bike was treacherous but extremally fun otherwise. The quality wasn't anything near Honda's though. So, the NC does hold up considerably better to wind from what I found out on Saturday.

The decision to retire may have been made regardless, but there was another event that sort of forced the issue in a couple of ways. It will be good. There's plenty to do.

Back