• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Safety Course: MSF vs Hareley Academy

Doc True

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone share thoughts on the difference between the MSF course and the Harley Riding Academy for a beginning rider?

I have a friend that is interested learning to ride and she's looking toward me as her personal expert. Naturally, I'm encouraging her to take a beginning rider course as the first step. In Louisville, we have options including MSF or the Harley Riding Academy. An MSF course was the 1st time I ever sat on a bike and I recommend it to everyone. I expect the Harley course to be similar and probably interchangeable. Is this a correct assumption?

In Ohio they are identical except you get an extra Harley sales pitch with the rider academy. I would recommend either but the MSF course is cheaper here by about 250$.

In Ohio they are identical except you get an extra Harley sales pitch with the rider academy. I would recommend either but the MSF course is cheaper here by about 250$.
This is good news and removes all of my apprehension about the course.

For what it's worth, it's only $150 here for adults and free for minors.

Back