• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Russell Day Long - Ordering Experince so far

Thanks for this info and the follow up post. My build date is 8/8 and your initial impressions had me worried. I had an RDL on my old BMW F650GS but it was made for the original owner. Even then I could do 3 - 4 hours before even thinking about needing a break.

Glad to hear it's working for you!

Well I took the bike for about a 40-50 minute ride. Just long enough for me to normally be thinking it is time for a break and guess what? I didn't need or want a break!

So the deal is just like Ray just said, only I didn't need a 300 mile ride to say "Hey, this is pretty darn comfortable".

I think this will work out fine. Couldn't believe how darn comfortable and supportive it is after I had been on it for about 10-15 minutes I was like "hey, this is really comfortable!". My initial sitting impression in the garage really didn't translate to riding it.

So far so good, what this seat needs now is some quality break in time!
Congrats! I think my RDL record long ride without a break (except for gas and food) was a stupid 1,800 mile, 34 hour straight ride I did last year. My butt never got sore but all my other bones were weary.

I would only add, I highly recommend getting the heated seat option. I use it more often than I would like to admit to.

Nofear2trek has Dales rack, Ray could you please post some pics showing how things look where the rack meets the seat.
Here are some.

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3423.jpg

You can notice the rear of the seat is lower than the front.

IMG_3434.jpg

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_3425.jpg

Ray

Last edited:
Some photos of mine, with the stock rear seat
P2190093.jpg
P2190094.jpg

With my home made rear rack
P2170086.jpg

I've had mine a little over a year now, very comfortable. I had lowered foot pegs on my NC but with the front of the seat so wide I couldn't keep my feet on them so I had to put the stock pegs back on.
When coming to a stop I have to slide forward to be able to reach the ground and then when I take off I have to slide back into the pocket, it can be a little awkward sometimes. FYI I have 32"inseam
Dennis

I need to grow the inseam a couple of inches. The tush would appreciate it ; }

Since I just have the rider seat in aftermarket I will probably wait until pillion season is over to order.
I am 6'3" and could use a little more height.

Back