• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rox risers installed

The improvements for me weren't so great. It did reduced the stretch, uprighted the back and removed cramps in the groin area. But now I get some slight cramps in the forearm from a higher handlebar position. Maybe my expectations were too high from all the hype :)

Ive only just put mine on as well..I had real issues with my wrists and numbness which I mentioned in a thread a while ago on the stock setup.
The natural?, or instinctive? position you seem to first set the risers and bars at may not be for you and playing around changes the feel a lot. Either way I notice the same riding , its feels like my arms are high and I ride dual sports and dirtbikes. Maybe its the width and sweep of the stockbars (I may change these at some point). But regardless, my straightened back, less pressure on hands, and generally more relaxed riding posture is worth every penny and I wish I did it sooner.

Has anyone from the UK fitted a pair of Rox risers to their NC750X DCT? I just need to know which cables/hoses need to be adjusted/moved before I have a go at fitting mine. Thanks.

Add me to the "just did it list". Huge thanks to the guys that covered the brake bracket issue (the one that screws into the lower triple tree). As in any wrenching job that I do, there is always one item that causes me to use language that kills The Wife's plants. Moving the rubber bumper/grommet got me agitated on this job. On mine, I couldn't get it to loosen no matter how I turned, pulled or pushed. I finally broke down and slit it, and then still had to peel it off the hose clamp. Again, no sign of an applied adhesive, but (I believe) some bonding occurred due to the heat coming off the engine.

On a side note, now that I've done the risers and am uber-paranoid about turning the bars from lock to lock, I noticed that there is a bit of a "bump" when I turn the bars fully to the left; it appears that a few cables are between the forks and the lower triple tree when at full left-lock. Any idea if this is something to worry about?

[I'm considering the Rox 2 inch anti-vibration risers.]

I installed those on my NC700V and loved them but they required longer cables and brake hose. The actual height increase is 2-3/8."

I hate to cross post to two different threads on the same thing (Rox Risers) but in case some don't see that the issue of the brake cables hanging (some replacing the hose) or as mentioned in this thread messing with the above brake hose bushing I would add my input. I like that I can use the existing hose and what I found helpful upon review of this thread is relocating the bushing without cutting it or sticking screwdrivers into it. While I saw that some really worked it I found after removing the 8MM bolt / clamp I could work the bushing a little and sprayed silicone spray a little at a time and it easily slid down to the sleeve that goes between the caliper and this bushing. No need to split or stick a screw driver in that might puncture the hose. If anyone else contemplates this project that was pretty helpful as opposed to purchasing a new hose. While I haven't gotten around to riding any distance yet, I believe on my longer jaunts this will make it much more comfortable as I got the pivoting riser and now have it raised 2" but much closer and comfortable to reach my handlebars. As everyone has mentioned this bike stock just isn't that comfortable.

I just installed mine this morning. Standard ABS model. It took me almost an hour to get everything how I wanted it but if I knew what I was doing it probably would have taken half that time.

I was not aware that you could move the grommet holding the brake line. I was able to get mine out of the holder and kind of jammed it between the holder and the triple clamp. It is pretty snug and does not move, but now I am thinking I should re-position the grommet and put it back in its holder.

20151025_120501.jpg

The brake cable doesn't really have any slack from the grommet to the lever and very minimal from the grommet to the ABS unit on full lock. The clutch cable is a little better but doesn't have much extra slack either. Also the electrical cables on the right side were slightly re-routed to give the slack necessary.

I haven't ridden it (lots of snow and ice here ATM) but sitting on the bike I feel like it will be a big improvement, especially when I want to stand up. I am already looking forward to spring.

I placed the 2 in Rox Risers on the bike today then took it out for a quick ride. What a difference they make. The weight is off my wrists and my seat position is so much better that I could tell immediately the weight was transferred more to the rear of the Corbin Seat that I have. All in all - much more comfortable ride.

I placed the 2 in Rox Risers on the bike today then took it out for a quick ride. What a difference they make. The weight is off my wrists and my seat position is so much better that I could tell immediately the weight was transferred more to the rear of the Corbin Seat that I have. All in all - much more comfortable ride.

I agree, if you are going to ride your NC7 long distance the Rox Risers are a must!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I purchased a set of Rox 1 x 1/4" and installed them. One inch up and 1 1/4 inch back. Non-rotational. Love them. Now I can sit straight up.

[...I'm considering the Rox 2 inch anti-vibration risers...]

I have those on my NT700V and although advertised as "2-inch" rise, the real measurement is 2-3/8." That being said, having rubber dampers makes the front fork feel like it has another inch of travel!

I purchased and installed Rox 1 x 1 1/4 inch rigid risers. One inch up and 1 1/4 back toward me. You can flip them and do the opposite. Love them. Now I can ride sitting up erect. Took some pressure off the heel of my hands also.

Looks good. I put a set of Rox non-adjustable on my NC and love them. One inch up and 1 1/4 inch back. Makes a big difference. Only issue was they only came in polished Alum. so I'm going to paint them black.

[I'm considering the Rox 2 inch anti-vibration risers.]

I installed those on my NC700V and loved them but they required longer cables and brake hose. The actual height increase is 2-3/8."

I installed these on my 2013 NC700 X DCT and had no problems with the stock cables/hoses being long enough. I love 'em.

One to watch out for on an ABS bike or not is the clutch cable. Turn the handle bars both directions and watch the clutch actuator on the right side of the engine. Does it move as you move the handlebars? If it does then readjust the cable. With the 2" rise you need to be careful of how the free play in that cable gets placed. I think that we are just on the edge of using up all the free play in the clutch cable. If I still have the bike when it's time to replace the cable I'll probably get one an inch or so longer.

Oh, the joys of owning a DCT... :rolleyes:

Just an update for the previous post : tried to install these risers and failed.
ABS brake cable were too short first. Then removed the clamp which attached the cable to the triple. After it I had to loose the brake reservoir mountings a little and moved it inner. The DCT-s cable were also short, dismounted the headlamp and rerouted the cables.
Removed the 4 bolts completely, put on the risers and tried to fasten the bolts. After tighten them by hand the risers were still rolling round, flipped down and felt to the ground. They had a 1-2mm slack....
I don't get it, 7/8 (22mm ) is just only an advice?
I will report it to the seller.
So it may look great, but doesn't fit for the 700SD series. ( i guees, the X version has the same bar size ).

Just an update for the previous post : tried to install these risers and failed.
ABS brake cable were too short first. Then removed the clamp which attached the cable to the triple. After it I had to loose the brake reservoir mountings a little and moved it inner. The DCT-s cable were also short, dismounted the headlamp and rerouted the cables.
Removed the 4 bolts completely, put on the risers and tried to fasten the bolts. After tighten them by hand the risers were still rolling round, flipped down and felt to the ground. They had a 1-2mm slack....
I don't get it, 7/8 (22mm ) is just only an advice?
I will report it to the seller.
So it may look great, but doesn't fit for the 700SD series. ( i guees, the X version has the same bar size ).

Unfortunately, not that many people on the forum here, have the S model. In Canada, we got the S, but no DCT option. The US didn't get the S at all.

The amount of people who got an S and chose the DCT option is probably a pretty small and select group in the collective S versus X buying World public, so that's a bit of a problem for those wishing to add the most popular or common accessories. But also a bit of bragging rights maybe, if one chose to look at it that way... :cool:

The S bars are lower rise than the X and as a result, the cables and hose/s must be correspondingly shorter as well, I guess. :( Sorry it didn't work out for you Mikee! I think there was a member here lately who tried to put X bars on his S, and it didn't work either.

Back