• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

ROAD TRIP!

ROBERT DOSS

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks, just got in from a week at the Tail of the Dragon, long ride out of Jacksonville.
Had a good ride home, excellent fuel mileage, no weather to speak of.
the NC pulled the hills quite nicely, but up on the Dragon, it's a little bit of a pig in the turns.
got photos from Killboy across the way, will try to transfer them here, as soon as I can get them downloaded.
All in all, I'm quite impressed with overall performance on pump grade regular fuel, and looking to return to the Dragon in a couple of months.
Made a pit stop at Two Wheels Only campground, then onto the "Little Dragon" on GA 180.
Had a ball!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_8221338662775911404.jpg
    13.8 MB · Views: 65
That's a nice trip. I was up there for a 4 days weekend last week.

One of our own here on his NC700X was one of the fastest bikes across Deals Gap. It has high corner speed but you have to carry the momentum in between.

Looks like you had a good trip. How’s those saddle bags holding up?
Held up quite well, stuff didn't get wet from afternoon showers..
May have to recoat the brackets over the next couple of weeks, due to surface rust in the crevices. They're
Cheap, crude, but efficient enough to serve my needs.
And the original hard bags are obsolete...

The Smokies are a great destination. I've been here 9 days although on a Goldwing instead of the NC. Remnants of the hurricane Sally arrive tonight so it may be a good time to head home.

I've never been much of a fan of the actual dragon part of the road, even on sportbikes back in the day. Other parts of 129 are super fun though, and the cherohala skyway, hwy 28, and foothills parkway are also a blast. Everyone has their opinions, but I couldn't rate the NC as being a pig in the turns at all. I just think most anything is a pig in the tight turns at Deals Gap unless you are riding a light, flickable bike like a motard or supermoto bike. I can't wait to get back up there again this fall.

Hey Robert,
I am about to buy a NC (deal pending) as a second bike and live in Jax. I make several trips a year up there and camp .....usually at Blue Ridge Campground. If you are ever looking for a travel partner when you head up that way, let me know. @ROBERT DOSS

Last edited:
Back