• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Riding with a passenger

Have been up dirt tracks with the Wife on the back of the former Wing (GL1800) a couple of times. Once when the GPS hoodwinked us up a narrow little road in France that eventually turned into a dirt track. Trouble was I couldn't turn the thing around without the strong possibility of dropping it. So with Her permission we kept going over a small hill and down the other side. The GPS wasn't quite finished with us tho 'cos there was a small river ford near the end. Fortunately it had been paved.
I just asked the Wife if She remembered the episode. "Remember" she squawked, "its etched in my brain, never to be forgotten, and there were two bloody dogs at the top of the hill trying to eat us". She has a thing about dogs. She even remembered the sign advising "Chaussee deformee". Hmmm. Didn't realise that episode had such an affect on Her. She was remarkably quiet on the back at the time

The ones that got away...
She was Japanese, ended up with a Thai wife. Both could ride their own motorcycles.
For those that have spent any time in SE Asia, It's not uncommon to ride 3 up on a 125 Honda wave (scooter) after a night on the town. (wink)
But, I still prefer to ride Solo.

The ones that got away...
She was Japanese, ended up with a Thai wife. Both could ride their own motorcycles.
For those that have spent any time in SE Asia, It's not uncommon to ride 3 up on a 125 Honda wave (scooter) after a night on the town. (wink)
But, I still prefer to ride Solo.
Let me get this straight. The Japanese girl got a Thai wife. You rode 3 up with them (wink) on a 125. So who was driving?

Good one Greg,
Never felt comfortable with a girl or two driving me as I sit pillion. Not that it hasn't happened.
I married the Thai as she didn't mind me leaving for weeks or months on end riding or competing somewhere around the world.
To this day what when I get home she still asks did you win? How much ($) did you make? She still doesn't get it.
I don't ride double or take the wife to any competitions. I just send her to Macys with the card.

Back