• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Riding like your invisibe... New Meaning

Maybe we should develop rear-facing shotguns with sensors that automatically fire a load of buckshot into cars about to rear-end us....

As someone who makes his living driving on the public roadways and has had ample opportunity to observe how little attention many drivers pay to what is going around them even without this kind of technology, i cringe every time I see a television commercial touting the latest feature whose chief selling point is that it will relieve the driver of having to pay attention.

Weird you just posted this post. I just saw such a accident coming back from Pappa John's. The fellow on the Suzuki as not hurt bad, but he was scared. Police made report. The Infinity was loaded with all the auto braking, but for some reason it did not pickup the motorcycle stopped at the turn signal.

AMA magazine has an article on this this month.
If it is done right auto drive could benefit us.
If done wrong they might just ban motorcycles on the grounds that we are too much trouble to plan for.

I am afraid this nemessis is already on its way if you put down the $$ numbers

What is clear over here in Europe is that the powers that be are trying very hard to legislate motorcycles off the road completely. As is suggested this could be another excuse to further that aim. It was the first thought that I had when I read the article.

I see there are plans afoot to ban cash as well. I suppose some people will not be happy until every vehicle has a tracking system and can be remotely controlled.

Last edited:
If the cars can't see a motorcycle, then how are they still going to see a pedestrian or bicyclist?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

If the cars can't see a motorcycle, then how are they still going to see a pedestrian or bicyclist?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
They wont. Instead of paying for all the R&D for smart cars, maybe they should invest a little money in making smarter drivers. A good PR campaign would be for the car manufacturers to pay high schools in bringing back 'Driver Education' classes and actually teach 16 year old drivers how to drive. Also, all the states implement driver testing to renew driver licenses, even if it only a written exam-most drivers don't even know the rules of the road anymore....

They should teach them the basics of riding. Studies have shown that people who have at least been on a bike or have a family member who rides are more aware of motorcycles on the road.

The system is designed as a last resort to prevent a collision if the driver is not aware of a vehicle in front of him. The system waits to the absolute last second before trying to apply the brakes. It was never designed to allow driver's to simply not have to worry about applying the brake. Road conditions such as ice would definitely cause a collision if a driver relied on the system to do the braking. I work as a Toyota Technician and part of my job is to PDI new vehicles. When the system activates it's a very abrupt aplications of the brake and there's no way a driver could use it instead of actually applying the brakes himself .

Hagrid rode one in Harry Potter. You would need some serious protective clothing.

U.S. to mandate tech that allows cars to talk to each other - Dec. 13, 2016

US to require vehicle to vehicle communication which CAN NOT be turned off. Well, legally. I suppose a big magnet would do it.

Coming soon to your mailbox: Fines every time you speed.

No mention of motorcycles (or bicycles or horse drawn carriages.) I suppose they will require pedestrians to wear a tracker as well soon.

Back