• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Riding jeans recommendation?

Rabbit

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone here have experience with riding jeans? I’m looking for something I can wear at work without looking strange, has good abrasion protection and costs 200$ or less. I like the Scorpion covert except they seem really baggy. The drayko renegade may have the same problem, although their cargo pants look nice. Help and suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a pair of Bull-it ... they are miserable. They have a liner that is abrasion resistant. So the outer denim material itself is not, which makes them a 2 layer jean. Nothing good about that on a summer day. Nothing.

I have a couple pair of KLIM casual pants, both are good/great but they are more like a pair of khaki pants and not demin blue jeans. At least 1 of the Klim pants were under $200. The other was more. Based on my experience with the KLIM casual riding pants I'd consider buying KLIM jeans.

I have a pair of Bull-it ... they are miserable. They have a liner that is abrasion resistant. So the outer denim material itself is not, which makes them a 2 layer jean. Nothing good about that on a summer day. Nothing.

I have a couple pair of KLIM casual pants, both are good/great but they are more like a pair of khaki pants and not demin blue jeans. At least 1 of the Klim pants were under $200. The other was more. Based on my experience with the KLIM casual riding pants I'd consider buying KLIM jeans.
Thank you. That’s very helpful. The new Bull-it jeans are all single layer. Not sure how I feel about that.

Could you wear an overpant or 1 pc riding suit over street or work clothes?
I already have a riding pant, tourmaster overpants and I like them. Looking for something more summer oriented and unfortunately it seems there are almost no decent vented overpants available. Also I like the look of Jeans better, and they are more convenient

I wear “BMW Summer pants“ and like them a lot. I think they would meet your requirement but maybe not your budget. Very comfortable, nice looking, knee and hip armor.

I agree with double D. Get a Stich or Hardanger and just take it off when you get to work.

I picked up a pair of street and steel Oakland jeans.
LINK
I normally wouldnt buy this brand it is revzilla/cycle gears brand. But it was recommended to me.

I like the look a lot doesnt look like motorcycle jeans feels really good on the bike and off. I occasionally wear them at work. Lots of protection.

LINK
I normally wouldnt buy this brand it is revzilla/cycle gears brand. But it was recommended to me.

I like the look a lot doesnt look like motorcycle jeans feels really good on the bike and off. I occasionally wear them at work. Lots of protection.
I was looking at those. They are nice. Are they warm in the summer and how much Kevlar protection do they have?

I think the protection goes from the waist to about the shins in the front and mid-thigh in the back.

I have warm legs and ride with mesh pants in the summer so not sure how hot you can go with them. I wear them in the 70's all the time and down to 30's for my city commute.

My only problem with them is they fit a little weird in the back and tend to sag lower on the rear than in the front when leaning forward. Belt helps prevent that but wish I didn't need one.

My riding partners wear Hood jeans. They seem to be very protective, but they’re _very_ warm. No need for thermals on a winter ride (in southern AZ and NV), just put them on and go.

My riding partners wear Hood jeans. They seem to be very protective, but they’re _very_ warm. No need for thermals on a winter ride (in southern AZ and NV), just put them on and go.
Bummer. I’m hoping for something summer oriented. Thank you though!

Duluth Trading Company
There is a video somewhere with someone dropping a chainsaw on their leg and being fine. My friend was giving me shit for wearing Dickies when I first started riding and she suggested these. I have dropped going 45 mph wearing these and walked away without a scratch and with the pants intact. You can't put armor in them, but it will definitely save you from road rash. They are also comfy.

Have you considered some Bohn armor under your regular jeans? Any thing with Kevlar lining is going to be hot in the summer sun

Last edited:
Reactions: MZ5
LINK

Thanks for the link. These may fit my needs too.

I’m looking at Scorpion covert Pro or maybe the new bull-it ranger easy fit cargo Pants.
If either are made with a liner layer you may end up sweating in the heat. I find my Bull-it pants hot in the summer with their 2 layer system and overall unsatisfactory. Money wasted despite the sale price at which I bought them. Thought I’d save some money. Ended up with crap instead.

I ride in the Scorpion Coverts and love them. They’re comfortable with knee and hip armor and I’ve been told they look good. They are not hot and have lots of kevlar all the way down. I tried a lot of bike jeans and hated all of them but these.

If either are made with a liner layer you may end up sweating in the heat. I find my Bull-it pants hot in the summer with their 2 layer system and overall unsatisfactory. Money wasted despite the sale price at which I bought them. Thought I’d save some money. Ended up with crap instead.
Scorpion pros do, bull it pants are single layer

I have some Covert Pros. I like them a lot. I tried the sas-tec armor they recommend but the knee pads hit me about mid calf, might try to fit my Rukka knee/shin protectors in there, but I was hoping to have a pair I didn't have to swap pads in and out of. Other than that one gripe I love the Covert Pros. I actually prefer a baggy or loose fitting jean. It has not gotten above 65 degrees here since I bought them but I have ridden in them down to pretty low temps and never got cold, which makes me feel like they are not going to be a good choice for summer. I have some mesh overpants I use over shorts to ride to work in the summer anyway. When it's over 90 all summer I like as much breeze through my nethers as I can safely manage.

Back