• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Riding Guide to the Ozarks ... Harrison, Arkansas area

I grew up in Arkansas. My sisters still live there. Great roads!

Arkansas is one of the only states that it is considered ok if your lawn furniture,..... used to be your living room furniture.....

Once I was riding that crooked piece of road between Tilly and Marshall IIRC and came around a curve to find 3 dogs either in the road or on the shoulder. I slowed to maybe 25 mph on approaching the dogs. Suddenly an ATV came flying out the woods to the right and skidded to a stop on gravel which was a driveway to a house set in trees. I couldn't see any of that rounding the curve, only the dogs. When the ATV appeared the dogs took off running full speed up the road in the same direction I was going. I was quickly closing on the ATV and the dogs and sorting out in my mind which path to take past the dogs or instead to let them run ahead of me until they heard or saw me. The ATV rider didn't see me, look my way, or acknowledge me, only suddenly raised a rifle to shoot at the dogs. I knew that in about 2 seconds I was going to be in front of that rifle. I heard banjo music playing in my head and went wide open on the gas. I wonder if the dogs or I were more scared waiting for the gun to go off. I disappeared around the curve without hearing a sound.

Once I was riding that crooked piece of road between Tilly and Marshall IIRC and came around a curve to find 3 dogs either in the road or on the shoulder. I slowed to maybe 25 mph on approaching the dogs. Suddenly an ATV came flying out the woods to the right and skidded to a stop on gravel which was a driveway to a house set in trees. I couldn't see any of that rounding the curve, only the dogs. When the ATV appeared the dogs took off running full speed up the road in the same direction I was going. I was quickly closing on the ATV and the dogs and sorting out in my mind which path to take past the dogs or instead to let them run ahead of me until they heard or saw me. The ATV rider didn't see me, look my way, or acknowledge me, only suddenly raised a rifle to shoot at the dogs. I knew that in about 2 seconds I was going to be in front of that rifle. I heard banjo music playing in my head and went wide open on the gas. I wonder if the dogs or I were more scared waiting for the gun to go off. I disappeared around the curve without hearing a sound.
What did you think of my neighbors ATV.....?

Back