• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ride-on or re-balance the tire?

mreric

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a new front tire put on, i am getting a bit of wobble and vibration on the handlebar.. seem like they did not balance the tire well. as i did not feel it with the old tire.

so now what do you guys suggest? take off the tire and have them re-balance it? or just put ride-on tire sealant/balancer in it ?

it actually takes me more time to take the wheel off and on and take it to the shop than to put in ride-on.

I have never used ride-on. so i am a bit worry it might not work. what do you guys suggest?

Last edited:
I love ride-on, I have been using it for years. My bikes have never had vibration from the tires and I did not even notice I had a nail in my tire until I took it off and saw the nail poking through the inside. I never lost any pressure. It will also rebalance as your tire wears.

I am not going to tell you what to do, that is just my experience with ride-on.

quadboss is cheap than ride-on and is at the very least its equal, maybe better. you can get 32 oz for typically 14-17 dollars.

Quadboss states: ATV And Dirt Bike Tire Sealant, Not recommended for extreme high speed competitive applications. Since they don't call out a specific max temp value, I wouldn't use it on a street bike. Particularly here in FL.

One of the main ingredients of most tire sealants both regional and nationally marketed, is ethylene glycol. That's the main ingredient of anti-freeze ; }

This seems to be the base/carrier ingredient for lots of commercial brands. There are more than you'd think, more than just Ride-On and QuadBoss. Some of them mainly have regional status, some of them like Monster Seal are accepted and successful in other markets but not too known yet in MC circles. There is more in common than not between bicycles, motorcycles, lawn tractors, ATVs, trucks, and off-road racing vehicles. Brands want to maintain some mystique as an edge, of course, including befuddling people about it all.

I'll keep using QuadBoss since has become available at local dealerships at decent prices (32 ounces for nearly the price of only 8 ounces of Ride-On!) since I started using it a couple years ago, when I ordered it from an online motorcycle store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd probably take it off and have them re-balance it. That way, if it turns out to be a separated tread (hopefully not on a m/c!), it is much harder for them to claim that the goopy stuff inside is what is causing the issue.

belt and suspenders sure doesn't hurt -- as long as they fit right ; }

Back