• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Revving

cpo007

Reaction score
Visit site
I have just filled up. revving was good but after 30 miles when i went to acceleration it felt there was lagging like waiting for something to catch up and when pulling away at 4000 rpm starts to die and a little back fire.
Any help would be use full.

I'd need more information. Age of the bike? Used frequently or infrequently? Just came off a long storage period or used heavily right up to the failure?

You mentioned you had just filled up with fuel, so everyone will suggest you got some bad fuel or water in fuel.

Spark plugs last a very long time on this bike so I doubt they're bad but pulling them to "read" them might offer some clues.

its 2014 750x i use it daily 80 miles round trip. the strange part about this i can rev it up no problem in neutral, its when i pull away the problems starts

I'd need more information. Age of the bike? Used frequently or infrequently? Just came off a long storage period or used heavily right up to the failure?

You mentioned you had just filled up with fuel, so everyone will suggest you got some bad fuel or water in fuel.

Spark plugs last a very long time on this bike so I doubt they're bad but pulling them to "read" them might offer some clues.
its 2014 750x i use it daily 80 miles round trip. the strange part about this i can rev it up no problem in neutral, its when i pull away the problems starts

Sounds like you may have 2 issues happening....back firing could be a sign of restrictive air flow (been riding gravel roads lately) and a clogged air filter.... your statement "acceleration it felt there was lagging like waiting for something to catch up", could be a slipping clutch....

but then as 670cc stated,,,could both be related to really bad gas...

Sounds like you may have 2 issues happening....back firing could be a sign of restrictive air flow (been riding gravel roads lately) and a clogged air filter.... your statement "acceleration it felt there was lagging like waiting for something to catch up", could be a slipping clutch....

but then as 670cc stated,,,could both be related to really bad gas...
Slipping clutch did not think of that will check that also planning to drain petrol clean plugs.
No gravel roads for me like tarmac to much..thank you for your help.

Thank you for your help with this changed fuel cleaned plugs and leads on one HT lead was a split which might of been the problem from the start.... next time I know start at that point first. It's all about learning.
Cheers Guy & Girls

Back