• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Revrse gear change lever: is it possible?

Markino

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys!
Since I've changed my raceway bike gear lever in order to get reverse gear change (1st gear up, 2nd, 3rd ecc... down)... I now have the habit to reverse the gear lever in all bikes I buy even if for street usage. Not for performance but simply 'cause I'm used to change the reverse.

Someone can help me to understand if is it possible to reverse the gear change lever in the NC700X simply turning by 180 degree the leverage of the gear lever (motor side)?
In some bikes it's very simple to reverse the gear lever but in the NC700X I can't understand from the pics if the sprocket plastic cover can create problems....

P.S: Sorry for my Eng. :p

Might be a good solution but... as I wrote, in some bikes the modification is free and it can be done in 10min! ;)

Sure!
When I'll get my NCX it will be my first work.
If you whant to try is very simple: in order to reverse the gear lever you have to unscrew the bolt on the "linkage ribbed" just under the black plastic that cover the sprocket.
That "linkage ribbed" is the one that connect the gear lever shaft to the main motor shaft and if you, after disconnect it, place that leverage turning it by 180 degree when you put up the gear lever with your foot it will make the movement just like in the standard position would be done while putting down the gear lever... in that way you will have the reverse gear like in the moto-gp for free. ;)
My only dubt is that the black plastic cover might be too prominent and prevent the rotation of the lever of 180 degree.

More easy to prove that explain... :p

Hi Markino
Here are some pics for you.
0BD495BD-9B19-48B9-8C39-628D772C837D-29972-00002591E64E1FC3.jpg

DB9EF787-9043-4D00-93C1-AD59AC2696A2-29972-00002591ED0CA2A7.jpg

Thanks for the pics!
Probably removing the plastic cover it can be done. It's difficult to understand well from pictures... probably the best things it's just try. :)

Back