• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rev'it Tornado 2 motorcycle pants?

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
I've always ridden in blue jeans. Never really thought a lot about riding pants.

Was lazy and wore a pair of khaki pants for a ride recently and the air rushed through them, felt almost naked compared to when I ride in blue jeans and I know jeans are not very protective. Got me thinking about how unprotected my legs really are and I decided to order some real motorcycle pants.

Looked at a lot of reviews. Wanted something that was a quality pair of pants. Wanted something that was functional in various conditions.

I own a First Gear 37.5 Kilimanjaro textile jacket that I really like, looked at the matching pants and they just didn't seem like they would be good for warmer weather, humidity, etc. I know they wouldn't work in hot/humid weather because the jacket is not good for high heat/humidity.

I also own a Klim Apex Air jacket for high heat. Utterly fantastic quality. Looked for Klim pants that were multi-season use, really nothing that seemed to be suitable at any reasonable price.

Just ordered a pair of Rev'it Tornado 2 pants. Tornado 2 Trousers Keeping You Warm and Dry | REV'IT!

Big vents for air in high heat. Thermal liner is also a waterproof liner. Meh, not a fan of a 2-in-1 system but it is acceptable enough that I didn't pick a different pair because of that. I like the armor, level II in the knees, level 1 hips. Should be really good for hot days, hoping they are good enough for riding in 50 (F) degree days too (I don't ride below 50 degrees)

Did I do OK for my first pair of real motorcycle pants? Should arrive next week so I bought them based on reviews, videos, etc.

Last edited:
I've always ridden in blue jeans. Never really thought a lot about riding pants.

Was lazy and wore a pair of khaki pants for a ride recently and the air rushed through them, felt almost naked compared to when I ride in blue jeans and I know jeans are not very protective. Got me thinking about how unprotected my legs really are and I decided to order some real motorcycle pants.

Looked at a lot of reviews. Wanted something that was a quality pair of pants. Wanted something that was functional in various conditions.

I own a First Gear 37.5 Kilimanjaro textile jacket that I really like, looked at the matching pants and they just didn't seem like they would be good for warmer weather, humidity, etc. I know they wouldn't work in hot/humid weather because the jacket is not good for high heat/humidity.

I also own a Klim Apex Air jacket for high heat. Utterly fantastic quality. Looked for Klim pants that were multi-season use, really nothing that seemed to be suitable at any reasonable price.

Just ordered a pair of Rev'it Tornado 2 pants. Tornado 2 Trousers Keeping You Warm and Dry | REV'IT!

Big vents for air in high heat. Thermal liner is also a waterproof liner. Meh, not a fan of a 2-in-1 system but it is acceptable enough that I didn't pick a different pair because of that. I like the armor, level II in the knees, level 1 hips. Should be really good for hot days, hoping they are good enough for riding in 50 (F) degree days too (I don't ride below 50 degrees)

Did I do OK for my first pair of real motorcycle pants? Should arrive next week so I bought them based on reviews, videos, etc.
Looks better then the ones I wear

Bilt Explorer Adventure Waterproof Pants - Cycle Gear

How do you like that Kilimanjaro jacket? I'm thinking of getting one, my concern is it waterproof and warm enough for colder weather?

Looks better then the ones I wear

Bilt Explorer Adventure Waterproof Pants - Cycle Gear

How do you like that Kilimanjaro jacket? I'm thinking of getting one, my concern is it waterproof and warm enough for colder weather?
The Kilimanjaro is a waterproof shell with a modest amount of venting. I've never worn it in a torrential downpour but its good in modest rain, which is the hardest rain I've worn it in.

It is NOT insulated. You need to layer under it for warmth.

That said I really like the jacket a lot. I wish it had a bit more venting for high humidity and really hot days, but I've worn it up to 80 degrees (F) and its comfortable while you are moving. Stop and you will bake. The fabric is tough but still flexible and comfortable. The cuffs have 2 way zippers which are really nice for allowing some venting but still keeping the cuff in place. The shoulder vents are nice, flow some air, but the velcro that is used to hold them open could have been designed a bit better to allow more air flow. There are exterior 2 chest pocket, those are nice but would be better if they were mesh inside so they could do double duty as vents + pockets. Sadly they are not. Cuff pocket is nice for holding a garage door opener or I-Pass. Collar is nicely adjustable and comfortable. Rear vents are nice, flow plenty of air, but can't be zipped up/down while wearing the jacket.

Just this week bought the Joe Rocket Phoenix Ion mesh pants to wear over my jeans. Good air flow and what I really like is the full length zippers on the inside of the legs. Makes getting them on (and off) over my boots very easy. Nice fastener system at the cuffs, too. Knee armor can be adjusted. The fit is excellent and they’re comfortable. Not waterproof obviously but that’s what my rain suit is for. As for jackets, I like what I’ve read on the Kilimanjaro - but a few years back bought Olympia and really like it. Not cheap but nice fit and the features I wanted. Also have the Olympia full mesh for the Alabama summers(!) I wear one or the other on every ride.

Lots of good stuff out there - the important thing is ya gotta wear them!

Last edited:

Lots of good stuff out there - the important thing is ya gotta wear them!

When we got back into riding I had to convince my wife that she needed to wear a helmet! Now she wears motorcycle boots, jacket, helmet ... usually wears motorcycle gloves. After a few more cool weather rides she may be ready for a pair of motorcycle overpants?

Last edited:
When we got back into riding I had to convince my wife that she needed to wear a helmet! Now she wears motorcycle boots, jacket, helmet ... usually wears motorcycle gloves. After a few more cool weather rides she may be ready for a pair of motorcycle overpants?

I like to wear them over jeans - adds just a wee bit of warmth even tho mesh and keeps the jeans clean. Lots of styles to look at - biggest feature to look for IMO is ease of putting them on or taking them off over footwear. MAJOR PITA if ya gotta remove boots first! Like most protective gear, I’ve found that once I get accustomed to wearing it, I feel uncomfortable and vulnerable without it..

I specifically sized UP to the next larger size in the pants I ordered figuring they might be able to be worn over lightweight pants but hopefully not be so big that they are baggy if worn as pants alone. Then again they are EU pants and I’m sporting an American ‘dad bod’ so they might end up being 2 sizes too small

I did like that these have Level 2 knee armor and wish the hip armor was also Level 2 but it is only Level 1 in the hips. Still better than most I looked at as many didn’t have hip armor and only had padding.

I’ve been riding in the Scorpion Covert kevlar-lined jeans and the are comfortable in any temperaturefom 35-95 degress F. And the look like good-fitting jeans. I love my RevIt tornado jacket!

I have some Olympia mesh pants for hot weather.
Recently splurged on some Rokker blackjack cargo pants. Very comfortable, stylish, lots of slide and impact protection. Also lots of dollars, really had to gulp before ordering them.

Pants arrived this afternoon when Santa in a big brown truck dropped them at my doorstep.

Initial impression is VERY POSITIVE.

I am 6' tall, 33" inseam, weigh 195, 36" waist. Ordered them in XL thinking I might be able to use them as over-pants in the summer. Not sure that is going to be possible. These pants fit very well in the legs and the waist fits fine, with enough adjustment to cinch them down enough to be perfect. So XL is not over-pants size, it is just right size.

I tried slipping them on over blue jeans and that just wasn't going to happen. Certainly not with the waterproof/thermal liner. Perhaps a thin pair of summer khakis when the liner is removed?

In any case I have not used them yet, I'll give a better write up after they've been on the roadway. Got called to sit on a federal Grand Jury, so it might be a little while before I get enough free time to go on a shake down cruise.

yea, I didn't think about the legs (wore bluejeans on weekends and dress pants to work during the week) until I got t-boned by a deer (I was doing 30-35mph) and put be down on the asphalt 3.5 years ago. Every part which was covered by protections had no road rash. My pants (and underwear) was basically ripped off from the side which hit the asphalt and road rash from bottom of knee to top of hip (picked the bike up and road it home 1.5 miles, basically butt-a$$ naked from waist down-lucky no neighbors). Now I wear my Olympia mesh pants with armor in the knees and hip points, the buttocks and groin area are cordova (sp?) material. During warm/hot, I wear these over bicycle shorts and in cold weather or commuting to work, they are over-pants. They have insulated rain insert which are easy to install, remove.
I am the guy on the right.

Group Pics (2).jpg

Last edited:
yea, I didn't think about the legs (wore bluejeans on weekends and dress pants to work during the week) until I got t-boned by a deer (I was doing 30-35mph) and put be down on the asphalt 3.5 years ago. Every part which was covered by protections had no road rash. My pants (and underwear) was basically ripped off from the side which hit the asphalt and road rash from bottom of knee to top of hip...
Now I wear my Olympia mesh pants with armor...
THANKS

Always nice to have another real story validate a choice. I'm trying to convince my wife to switch from jeans to riding pants too.

I was trying to decide between a pair of Olympia pants and this pair. Not exactly sure why I picked this pair over the Olympia.

If we ever meet mid-state we should compare the brands side by side!

yea, I didn't think about the legs (wore bluejeans on weekends and dress pants to work during the week) until I got t-boned by a deer (I was doing 30-35mph) and put be down on the asphalt 3.5 years ago. Every part which was covered by protections had no road rash. My pants (and underwear) was basically ripped off from the side which hit the asphalt and road rash from bottom of knee to top of hip (picked the bike up and road it home 1.5 miles, basically butt-a$$ naked from waist down-lucky no neighbors). Now I wear my Olympia mesh pants with armor in the knees and hip points, the buttocks and groin area are cordova (sp?) material. During warm/hot, I wear these over bicycle shorts and in cold weather or commuting to work, they are over-pants. They have insulated rain insert which are easy to install, remove.
I am the guy on the right.

View attachment 37385

I’m the guy second from the right, also wearing Olympia mesh pants.

A weird thing happened at the Wing Ding in Knoxville this year. (Wing Ding is a Goldwing rally with about 9000 attendees). I wore the grey Olympia pants to the trade show, and to dinners and entertainment. At least 6 random people at various times approached me and asked what kind of pants they were. That doesn’t say anything about rider protection, but it seems people are impressed by the look.

52 degrees today, cloud cover, breezy and went for a 52 mile ride with the new Rev'it Tornado 2 pants.

WOW, WOW and a bit more WOW

Now accept that short product review from someone who has never had motorcycle pants.

fullsizeoutput_62c1_zpsb0trv8pm.jpeg

I wore them over a pair of fleece long underwear. I was WARM. Not hot. Not too warm. Not cool. Just very comfortable. My wife, who I could not convince to buy a pair of motorcycle pants when I bought mine, is upstairs soaking in hot bathwater trying to get warm! She froze. She wore thick leggings under a thick pair of blue jeans.

Interesting sort of a slide/snap closure is very secure.

fullsizeoutput_62c2_zpsxql1d8yk.jpeg

The pants are very comfortable. They are heavy, but I don't really notice it when wearing them. The knee armor is in the perfect spot. Hip armor on the left side was in the perfect spot, but he right hip needs to be adjusted. I'll have to look into that.

Lining zips out. It is both a thermal and a waterproof liner. Cuffs at the liner have zipper sides and velcro closure.

Zippers up from the cuff to the knee. Might be nicer if the zipper went a few inches over the knee. There is also velcro at the cuff.

fullsizeoutput_62bd_zps7eb8bsgk.jpeg

There are 2 zippered pockets on the front that are pretty much worthless. No pocket on the back. Huge mesh panels front and rear both above and below the knee. On the butt are small 'gripper' panels, those work great!!! Plop your butt on the seat and you do not slide at all. Love that.

fullsizeoutput_62c0_zpsh2kdtamm.jpeg

Overall very very impressed with these pants for cool weather use. I hope they do as well in the rain and in hot weather.

And my wife now ordered a pair of motorcycle pants.

After reviewing videos and reviews, she opted for a pair of Olympia pants.

I wear a pair of Scorpion Trey overpants. Very similar but the zippers on liner and pants go all the way to the hip. Very easy to put on, fits over my work jeans no problem for the commute. Over gym shorts in the hot weather they are a bit baggy, so next summer I maybe picking up a smaller/similar pair and a full mesh jacket for the hottest times.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I have about 100,000 miles on the Tornado 1 pants and I like them very much. Good in all kinds of temperatures and weather conditions , I would highly recommend them.

I bought a second pair when I wrecked my Street Triple and a barbed wired fence sawed most of my gear.

And my wife now ordered a pair of motorcycle pants.

After reviewing videos and reviews, she opted for a pair of Olympia pants.

good for her. During the cool/cold months, they act as a protective barrier from the temps and god forbid, she lays the bike down, blue jeans (also khakis, dress pants, etc) lose the battle with asphalt...
Melensdad, we will have to plan and meet up somewhere in the middle of the state on a good riding day. I almost always go the the RV/sport/hunting/motorcycle expo in Indianapolis every February, do you attend (3 of the past 4 I have ridden the bike up-cold but exhilarating-usually the first long ride after the winter snooze).

Melensdad, we will have to plan and meet up somewhere in the middle of the state on a good riding day...

My daughter is in law school in Bloomington so I get down there semi-frequently. Wife and I are looking at riding down there in the spring. Weather is forcing the bikes to stay in the garage more often than not now.

Back