• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Retrofit Frunk Rail from 2020-older to 2021?

Lawyer4speed

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone!
New to the forum and happy to have benefitted from the discussions! If this was discussed then I apologize, I could not find it. Is there a way to [perhaps easily or not] retrofit the pre-2021 frunk rails to a 2021 model so I could fit a tank bag (used mostly for maps, and quick access, etc.)?

Many thanks,
Laz

Not sure if anyone has tried this, but the 2020 rails are only $21.95 at bike bandit if you want to test it out. It doesn't seem like too big of an investment.

I put 4 1.5 in. stainless clamps on my 12. Just removed top off frunk drilled thru both pieces of plastic. used non stainless under with RTV silicone as locktite. Installed that GIVI 10 liter bag thats made for the newer model(dont req. cheep plastic breaks). Have used the clamps with bungee net for some odd ball items. If I want to remove the clamps just have to replace those black pieces or use somemore black RTV to fill the holes.

I think all NC owners agree with that. Mine is still waterproof, I removed the top plastic from the "inner luggage box lid" and only drilled thru the upper two layers of lid that get screwed to the inner lid. I don,t mind the look of the clamps they remind me of those old Triumph racks on top of the gas tank.

Back