• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Replacement seat for 2016 model?

Batdude

Reaction score
Visit site
After owning my 2016 750x for a few weeks now, I find that the seat is just horrible. About 30 minutes is all I can take. Has anyone tried any aftermarket seat replacements for the 750x? Thanks.

Installing the seat is simple. Most folks on this forum will give you help. For the driver's seat you open the rear seat like you are putting in gas. Two bolts at the rear of the front seat hold it in place. Remove the bolts and the seat just slides to the rear and off.

A seat upgrade is probably the easiest upgrade you'll make.
I think it took me all of 20 minutes to install the Shad seat on my 2012, and that includes taking the back half off to install the rubber pieces I forgot to transfer from the old seat, and adjusting it so it opens easier for fueling.
I didn't have any installation instructions either.
The front seat is held on with two bolts and the back is three.

I believe the "installation" mentioned in post #3 refers to installation of the foam and stapling on the cover, not just bolting on the seat.

Last edited:
I can do a few hours on the stock seat alone, but any more than that I need... something. So I've got an AirHawk which is nice, but by no means a replacement for a new seat. That plus highway pegs to push myself back, stretch legs or try a new seating position helps a lot too.

I don't mind the expensive of a day long, just that I have to send my seat in and nothing to ride for awhile.
GF has expressed interest in going for a ride (oh no! :) ) after watching me not crash the bike for 5,000 miles so I may end up doing the pillion seat too.

Love my Shad Seat. I also did the seat mod shown here on the website. Have to get a bit creative but I made it work and I did a 500 mile ride on it with no pain. I was in pain after 30 minutes like you on the original seat with the standard slope.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I decided on a seat from seatconcepts.com after a lot of research. Prices are reasonable and I like the look of it and the gripper material they have. I have one on order with carbon fiber sides and gripper top for both the front and rear seats. Small downside is that there is no pan, you have to upholster this yourself. I have a buddy with a pneumatic stapler and I think I can handle this job. Lots of videos on youtube and it looks pretty simple to do. I'll post a few pictures of the results in a couple of weeks.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I decided on a seat from seatconcepts.com after a lot of research. Prices are reasonable and I like the look of it and the gripper material they have. I have one on order with carbon fiber sides and gripper top for both the front and rear seats. Small downside is that there is no pan, you have to upholster this yourself. I have a buddy with a pneumatic stapler and I think I can handle this job. Lots of videos on youtube and it looks pretty simple to do. I'll post a few pictures of the results in a couple of weeks.

I liked how mine turned out. The warmer the fabric is, the easier it will be to stretch. Did the whole installation in my car in the sun so the seat wouldn't cool off as I worked on it. I didn't even use a pneumatic stapler, just a $10 lever one from the hardware store was enough to punch through the fabric and the pan
Pro tip: don't be afraid to yank out some staples to stretch that area out farther. I did one quick sloppy lap around the pan with the stapler to hold the fabric in place then redid portions as needed.
image.jpg

Last edited:
I liked how mine turned out. The warmer the fabric is, the easier it will be to stretch. Did the whole installation in my car in the sun so the seat wouldn't cool off as I worked on it. I didn't even use a pneumatic stapler, just a $10 lever one from the hardware store was enough to punch through the fabric and the pan
Pro tip: don't be afraid to yank out some staples to stretch that area out farther. I did one quick sloppy lap around the pan with the stapler to hold the fabric in place then redid portions as needed.
View attachment 30650

Wow that looks great, nice job! So do you find its more comfortable than the OEM seat?

We took my wife's seat to the local upholstery shop. It took 2 tries, but for $100, it's a custom fit and just what she wanted. It's not rocket science.

Here's how it all turned out. I replaced the front seat and re-upholstered the rear seat to match. With the Seat Concepts seats, you don't get a pan so you have to tear down your old factory seat and rebuild it. It's easier than it sounds. Once I purchased a T50 pneumatic stapler, everything went much smoother. There are a couple of small wrinkles in the neck of the front of the seat which I will try to work out another weekend. That's a very challenging area on the nc700/750 because the "horns" at the front of the pan are fairly weak and won't hold the stretch in the fabric. I watched a youtube video on this seat and an nc700 and the fellow had exactly the same problem. So maybe it is what it is. I also ordered the "gripper" material for the top and its kind of "rubbery" and made this just a bit more challenging. This also might contribute to the slight wrinkles. And the gripper material tends to attract dust already - I'll leave that as a warning.

I took it for a short 1 hour ride and the Seat Concepts seat is WAY more comfortable than the original Honda seat! I would recommend it.

Some pro tips:

- DO buy yourself a T50 pneumatic stapler (I got one on sale for $27). Makes life so much easier when doing a job like this. I tried a hand stapler but could not get the staples to sink all the way in. I have a rule at my house. If doing a job yourself saves you money, buy yourself a tool.
- DO NOT glue the fabric to the foam. I was tempted at one point but decided not to (phew!). There is no need to do this and will cause a nightmare I am sure. Just keep stretching and stapling the material.
- DO start at the front and work your way to the back. I got one side and rear side perfect first and I think it led to the small wrinkles I have
- DO be patient. If you make a mistake you can just pull staples and try again. This is a job that is easy but takes time and patience.
- You might want to purchase an entire seat so that you have the original for resale. Seat Concepts does not supply pans or full seats. So my original seat is gonzo.

20160820_145315[1].jpg
20160820_153913[1].jpg
20160820_153918[1].jpg

Last edited:
Nice job! I too am looking into changing my torture device, I meam my OEM seat... :p

I'll take your advice and quite certainly buy another seat from Honda so that I still have the original one. I have also been looking on the Web for other makes, like Shad, Corbin and Sargent, butI find that they offer seats mostly for the 700x, not the 750x.

Has any one here installed a 700x seat on a 2016 750x? Do they fit? I know, I could ask the companies, but I prefer to have the feedback from somebody here who has already done it.

Thanks to all of you.

Back