• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Repaint silver plastics to matte black

Thanks buddy. I'm really in love with this machine now. No idea why Honda doesn't offer it like this.

The "new" hasn't worn off mine yet... So I'm still cool with silver. But dang! This bike looks awfully sweet in black. Congrats!

I too would have been apt to go for matte black, but after seeing the contrast with the matte parts, I think you made the best choice.

The wrapped option looks awesome too. Not sure if I'd have the patience to remove, wrap, & replace without exploding from frustration & ultimately smashing my own car's windshield in a fit of rage. ;)

Last edited:
The "new" hasn't worn off mine yet...So I'm still cool with silver.

Think twice ..!

We have a looooooong winter here in Quebec (6 months) , so plenty of time to farkle the bike. Here are some pictures of my Black / Black / Black (;)) NCX as of today.

I painted the upper parts of my Givi V35 side cases, and the belt around the V46 top case, that were originally grey:

IMG_0438 (Small).jpg

...then the inside of the headlight reflector...

IMG_0439 (Small).jpg

...then the metal bracket that holds the tall windscreen...

IMG_0444 (Small).JPG

IMG_0445 (Small).JPG

...then that ugly "don't match anything" grey lower cowl, which is now... hmmmm... black...

IMG_0443 (Small).JPG

...then my home-made LEDs spotlights aluminium brackets, with a textured black to match the Givi bars...

IMG_0453 (Small).jpg

Some extra views, the first one with the (black of course) Rox risers:

IMG_0451 (Small).JPG

And that pretty butt with the added leds inside the Givi cases:

IMG_0448 (Small).JPG

Another side view where you can see the (black) upper & lower OEM wind deflectors:

IMG_0449 (Small).JPG

As you can see, I really like BLACK :)

I still have some red 6mm wheel trims I need to install, just waiting for chiller temps. I think that should look pretty cool on the bike:

IMG_0454 (Small).jpg

Keep the mods goin' !

Last edited:
Frank!!!!

What a difference you made the already super cool black even SLEEKER!!!
What are the two LEDs on the top and FRUNK?

Where to get them so cool!

The top meter is a coolant temp, exactly as the one originally installed by duk2n here : http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/927-coolant-temp-meter.html

The one above the frunk is a voltmeter / ammeter combo. I got it here : DC 4.5-30V 50A Red&Blue Led Dual Panel Volt Amp Combo Meter + 50A/75mV Shunt | eBay

You need to be technically inclined to install this one because you need to 1- waterproof the display unit and 2- install a shunt resistor on the (-) pole of the battery to get the ammeter readout.

I don't want to change the orientation of the thread so PM me if you need more infos about this.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like the thin yellow and black cables can take 50A from the picture.

That's why I specified you must have electrical knowledge to set this one up... The meter uses a shunt resistor to operate. The shunt resistor is a thick gauge metal plate that converts 0-50A to 0-75mV, that is then read by the meter. The yellow cable only feeds the 0-75mV to the hi impedance display input. There are two potentiometers behind the display to fine-tune the V and A readouts to compensate for the wire length between the display and the shunt. This works perfectly and is widely used in the industry for hi-amp readings.

Again, please feel free to PM me or start a new thread if you have questions about other subjects than this thread's subject: "repaint silver plastics". I'm sure Philipp will be glad we did not hijack his thread.

That's why I specified you must have electrical knowledge to set this one up... The meter uses a shunt resistor to operate. The shunt resistor is a thick gauge metal plate that converts 0-50A to 0-75mV, that is then read by the meter. The yellow cable only feeds the 0-75mV to the hi impedance display input. There are two potentiometers behind the display to fine-tune the V and A readouts to compensate for the wire length between the display and the shunt. This works perfectly and is widely used in the industry for hi-amp readings.

Again, please feel free to PM me or start a new thread if you have questions about other subjects than this thread's subject: "repaint silver plastics". I'm sure Philipp will be glad we did not hijack his thread.

Frank, I think this is very interesting subject. Are you able to start a new thread on how-to do this and share with us?

Finally went ahead and installed the eBay wheel trims. Not really sure if I like the look, they makes my bike slipping away from my black/black theme... Here it is if you want to see what it looks like:

2013-04-21_19-31-50 (Small).jpg

2013-04-21_19-32-20 (Small).JPG

2013-04-21_19-32-58 (Small).JPG

Try Burgundy. slightly darker red might work?

Might spend another $20 and give it a try. I'll keep this set on a couple weeks before deciding. The bike runs perfectly and is modified exactly as I wanted, so the strips are the last thing I'm concerned about right now (Wow, I have BIG problems ;-))

Might spend another $20 and give it a try. I'll keep this set on a couple weeks before deciding. The bike runs perfectly and is modified exactly as I wanted, so the strips are the last thing I'm concerned about right now (Wow, I have BIG problems ;-))

It's all about image and presentation! I bought Burgundy will post the pic as soon as I got them and installed.

Back