• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Removing catalizator

G3N3

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello just got full exhaust system for my nc750s.
I look on forums about removing etc.
But nothing inform about removing and if need to remap ECU or lambada sensor will work will stock ECU.

Hello just got full exhaust system for my nc750s.
I look on forums about removing etc.
But nothing inform about removing and if need to remap ECU or lambada sensor will work will stock ECU.
Not many people do it because the gains aren't worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

At the horsepower levels of the NC engine, I wouldn't think removing the CAT from the system would make much of a difference.

Is not cos power but more for sound will improve.
May concern is its do i need to remap ECU or lambada sensor will work perfect.
I don't wont bike run lean or damaged engine

Is not cos power but more for sound will improve.
May concern is its do i need to remap ECU or lambada sensor will work perfect.
I don't wont bike run lean or damaged engine

If you have concerns about the engine may I respectfully suggest that you just leave it alone !

2012 NC700X........not 750
I removed mine (Cat) and added a Dan-Moto Exhaust (the Can version, not the shorty pipes). Bike is definitely louder, but not negatively louder to non-motorcyclist (IMO). I have not had it on a Dyno, so cannot quantify my results (power, fuel/air ratio, etc, etc). Unless someone has hard data (before and after runs on a Dyno) SHOWING there are no power gains in removing the Cat, then they are just assuming/guessing there is no improvement..........seat of the pants don't count. To be clear, I'm not stating my NC700 makes more power after removing the Cat........the jury is still out (until I meet them at the Dyno Shop). I hope this thread does not turn into an Emmissions-Preaching thread.....there are a few of those already on the forum, no need to rehash that again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best to leave it. Modern engines are a *system* of interrelated parts, including the cat converter, and you're likely to lose power and mileage (which a dyno can't measure very well) if you fiddle with the bits.

And you may also damage the exhaust valves in the long run as gaz flow / pressure is modified. Exhaust systems are more complex than just tubing, a straight pipe is not necessarily the best if the engine was not designed for it.

Back