• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

RECALL: Can-Am’s Ryker Could Leave You Without a Wheel

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a motorcycle blog, but if trike-type vehicles are your thing that’s okay too – here’s some rare trike content for you. If you managed to snag a 2020 Can-Am Ryker, be aware that Bombardier just sent out a recall notice for the vehicle regarding the front wheel assembly.

When the Rykers are delivered to dealers, they come without the front wheel attached to save space and money on shipping and transport; leaving it up to the dealership to assemble the front wheel and a few other components.

A dealership is not a factory, meaning the scrutiny and standards of care will not be the same when assembling anything.

Ryker-lifestyle.jpg

The Defect Notice Report states that in some rare cases, the front wheel’s locking clip could have been perhaps installed incorrectly. This means that your new and shiny Ryker could indeed lose a front wheel when you’re out for a ride showing off your new trike.

Since September 30th 2020, there have been three total reports of a wheel taking its own way home which is a pretty high number given the low volume of sales the Ryker has paired with the 1-month window it has happened in.

The recall begins November 2nd, and any owners who own a 2020 Ryker should receive a notice in the mail regarding the recall. The problem can be spotted by the owner, but if they aren’t comfortable with investigating themselves, they are free to have the vehicle transported to a dealership for inspection at the cost of Can-Am.

The post RECALL: Can-Am’s Ryker Could Leave You Without a Wheel appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

So, the dealer may have been the cause of the problem, but you can have it loaded up and taken to the dealer and they will check it for you? No, I don’t think so.

Further, if the problem is easy to spot, why not send the mechanic to your location instead of transporting the machine?

I have liked the Spyders for some time now and have been "Kind-of" looking at them with more interest this past riding season. The Ryker does not interest me as i like the other model where you can take a pillion! However, that is a good issue to be aware of regardless.... :{)

I have liked the Spyders for some time now and have been "Kind-of" looking at them with more interest this past riding season. The Ryker does not interest me as i like the other model where you can take a pillion! However, that is a good issue to be aware of regardless.... :{)
It is personal tastes for sure. But I'd rather have a sidecar or a Miata.

The Ryker is shipped to dealers in a very basic trim. Buyers can then chose from tons of accessories which will customize the machine and run up the price. Among the many, many accessories is a $410 passenger comfort seat. There is also an optional $290 passenger seat that looks like a far worse torture device than even the NC stock seat.

Back