• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rear seat alternative (filler cap)

badgopher

Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody know of any vendors who sell a rear seat replacement part, that leaves the filler cap exposed? I don't carry passengers, ever, so just swapping in some type of rack with a filler gap would be about perfect for me, remove one extra step from refueling.

Thiswas the guy who was doing them (jump to page 5 for pics), I'm not sure how active he is now:

Dale’s rack mentioned in post #2 is the only semi-commercial rear seat replacement rack available (I have one). I don’t think Dale is building them anymore. On very rare occasions, one might be offered for sale on the forum. Some members of the forum have built their own rear racks with fuel cutout hole.

I've seen a few of the homebrew versions, which got me thinking about it. But I'm not incredibly handy at building things (and I can admit it) so I'd end up monkey-banging it and be frustrated.

I've seen a few of the homebrew versions, which got me thinking about it. But I'm not incredibly handy at building things (and I can admit it) so I'd end up monkey-banging it and be frustrated.
Gather your thoughts and go talk to a local metal fabricator in your area and maybe you can work out a solution. In the mean time you can mock up a template with some cardboard for sizing and mounting hole placement.

I got a Dales rack just after Dale sold his last. Bought it from a guy in Canada. Now my son wants one after seeing mine.
It’s perfect for mounting my pet carrier

The cutting board rack I fabbed up would take about an hour's work to make by a carpenter or woodworker (& I'm being generous), once the supplies were purchased. Why not check out a few locals?

Back