• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rear Rack Install from that Hot place?

Wisconsin Mitch

Reaction score
Visit site
2013 that I purchased used - 6k and very nice. Have been working to install a rear rack, ordered one off of Amazon after looking at reviews and getting some questions answered. Arrived today with some scratches and after 3 hours of installing - have 3 of 4 bolts in. The width was off by 1.3 inches, with I have overcome via clamping. I just cannot get that last bolt in - any ideas? Thanks, Mitch

Attachments

• Rack (1).jpg
    Rack (1).jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Rack (2).jpg
    Rack (2).jpg
    123 KB · Views: 45
Drill all four holes bigger, then hand-start the screws. After all four are started, tighten them up.
Use a little paint to cover the scratches.

I decided to return. Hate to pay that much for a rack and have it not right. Now, off to find a better option.
Good plan. I’m curious if the rack you got was made for 2012-2015 NC700X, or if it was perhaps for different model years. Being 1.3 inch off on the width is a big error.

When I needed similar work (my fault) I had a machine shop do it. For welding on a new pieces and drilling holes they charged $20.

The beauty of Amazon is that I have absolutely zero guilt about returning something if it is not right, damaged, or clearly does not match the photos/description. Even if the item was expensive, or if I have ripped/damaged/lost the packaging. They are BigCo making $billions every year, and can more than easily eat the cost.

This is why I often buy things from them, even if it is slightly more expensive than other online retailers, or even if I could get it from a "local" or "small business" vendor. (I do try to buy local for things that I need to see/try on in person, or things that I know I need and won't be returning.)

There is also a good chance someone returned the wrong thing at amazon before you got it, either on purpose or not. Amazon employees have no idea what a specific piece of hardware for some random motorcycle is supposed to look like.

The beauty of Amazon is that I have absolutely zero guilt about returning something if it is not right, damaged, or clearly does not match the photos/description. Even if the item was expensive, or if I have ripped/damaged/lost the packaging. They are BigCo making $billions every year, and can more than easily eat the cost.

This is why I often buy things from them, even if it is slightly more expensive than other online retailers, or even if I could get it from a "local" or "small business" vendor. (I do try to buy local for things that I need to see/try on in person, or things that I know I need and won't be returning.)
Amazon, just like Costco does not eat the cost. It gets passed back to the supplier.

Back