• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Rear Carrier and Top Case

I got my parts from Rocky Mountain ATV & MC for the most part. They offer 20% off MSRP. Sometimes you can find it for less brand new. Be sure you know what part number you need, and how to know when a part has been updated.

Edit-- I'm assuming you meant the OEM parts

Last edited:
Any brand or durability preference? What size? With or without integrated tail lights? Lots of options, several quality brands. Wide range of prices.

I'm looking to purchase a rear carrier and top case. Any suggestions on sites, or is anyone looking to sell?
Are you looking to purchase the OEM Honda carrier and top case, or are you open to any aftermarket brand? Aftermarket brands will generally cost you less and offer far more options for sizes and styles of cases.

What is the year and model of your motorcycle?

I went with the SW-Motech Alu-rack. By far the best looking rack and the only one with a quick-release system for the rear carrier. SW-Motech makes a quick release plate that goes with several different brand cases but I went with a Givi case.

Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 39
I was very pleased with this Honda setup that I was able to assemble.

Read on..

Don't know what OP decided to do, but I have to acknowledge that the aftermarket offers more configuration options along with (usually) lower prices. On the other hand, the Honda stuff is better engineered and better integrated.

Wonder if we'll find out what was chosen?

Don't know what OP decided to do, but I have to acknowledge that the aftermarket offers more configuration options along with (usually) lower prices. On the other hand, the Honda stuff is better engineered and better integrated.

You can get the best of both worlds :)

Check mine out ordered rack from ebay built in the Ukraine I love it and it has fitment for monokey setup

Attachments

• 20200716_185706.jpg
    20200716_185706.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
  • 20200710_221846.jpg
    20200710_221846.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • 20200722_174506.jpg
    20200722_174506.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
I bought the Hepco and Becker Junior 55 from Moto Machines. Great service and biggest top case I could find. Works great with the universal mounting plate on the Honda OEM rack. I will admit, I take it off unless I am using it as it does pick up the occasional wind gust and does negatively impact MPGs.

On the other hand, the Honda stuff is better engineered and better integrated.
I'm not convinced of that.

I'd say the Givi V35 and V37 side cases are the best integrated cases I've seen. The double lock on their cases and the curved PLX and PLXR frames might be among the best engineered.

I love my Hepco & Becker frames, they are very easy on/off, great engineering, quick yet secure, but are just a traditional frame. There are many other traditional frames, Givi, Tusk, SW, etc Nothing really well integrated about those types of racks.

On the other hand, the GIVI PLX and PLXR frames are an elevated level of integration for side cases and the Givi V35 and V37 cases themselves are very form fitting to maximize interior space without being too bulky on the bike like traditional rectangular pannier boxes. I like that the V35 and V37 cases can accept tail/turn lights as well. While I personally don't want those on my bike, I have to appreciate their design. My wife loves the V35 cases on her bike.

I bought the Hepco and Becker Junior 55 from Moto Machines. Great service and biggest top case I could find. Works great with the universal mounting plate on the Honda OEM rack. I will admit, I take it off unless I am using it as it does pick up the occasional wind gust and does negatively impact MPGs.
I love that frickin' case – so well built, better shape, not so gaudy, subtle detailing. Wow, what am I talkin' about here? ; }

For me, having the single key for ignition, sidecases, and topcase was essential.

For me as well, so I designed and printed a platelet for Givi that allowed me to use the lock cylinder from Honda.

Things would be easier with SHAD as the are offered by Honda as (rebranded) OEM luggage.

Back