• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Read and understand before posting in this Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.B.S.

Fixed Idea
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Please familiarize yourself with the posted Site Rules regarding the sharing, linking, and dissemination of Copyright or even alleged Copyright Materials, ie: .pdf, electronic, cdrom, or any other form of Honda Workshop Manuals.

It does not matter if these rules, or different conflicting individual interpretations of these rules, happens to be legal or thought legal in another country, or is perfectly fine to download or share on other websites, or you just plain disagree with them personally, etc.

They are simple and straightforward. Trying to circumvent the technicality of a rule, via simply pointing out specifically where to go on other sites or places on the internet to download the materials deemed even a possible copy right infringement violation, is, for all intent and purpose, the same thing as linking directly.

The Moderators have the responsibility and discretion to err on the side of caution when it comes to perceived gray areas or the unknown when it comes to enforcing this. We do not want to blunder and run afoul of the ins and outs of how all this relates to the laws as they are applied to this particular website, and get the place in trouble!

We are trying to help, not hinder. Please try to empathise with this, and do not take it as some great, heavy handed, deliberate action to deny you something personally.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/site-announcements/3302-all-members-site-rules-reminder.html

Copy Written Material
The site will not host for download copy written materials such as books, music, movies, etc.
This includes links to copyrighted materials or PM activity to trade/give copyrighted materials. This is a zero tolerance policy resulting in permanent ban.
The site members, by joining the forum agree to not upload, post or link any copy written materials, and fully accept all responsibility of any such actions.
The site follows a policy of WILL REMOVE anything we get a complaint about.

Thank you.

Not to be argumentative, but ... I assert copyright on all materials I submit, especially images. It would be helpful if you could clarify copyright rules for personally-owned materials. Thanks

Not to be argumentative, but ... I assert copyright on all materials I submit, especially images. It would be helpful if you could clarify copyright rules for personally-owned materials. Thanks

We will happily remove all your posts if that's what you prefer. ;) JK

Someone needs to read the fine print on all the different forums websites they are on, especially that facebook one. There is no way to 100% maintain exclusive copyright on anything online without having enough money for lawyers chasing every site that references a post or image and having them shut down...

I'm a trained photographer, I know once the images hit the internet they spiral off out of control. So I upload low res versions with pathetic DPI. You just have to walk away from trying to control. People with images (bland at best, really) with huge watermarks make me laugh.

You're no Ansel Adams. Get over yourself. Most stock photos are better anyway.

Oh, and, watch that door on the way out... it's a back-biter.

My question was not intended to be frivolous. You might as well delete my posts. I won't be back.

I'm sorry if you feel that way. Perhaps you will find another forum more to your liking, and I wish you well. You will always be welcome back here if you change your mind, though.

As far as the ins and outs of copyright policies on personal images of your submission, I'm afraid I do not know the answer to that. This thread was not meant to be a detailed catch all for such inquiries, merely a response to problems involving Helm Shop Manuals.

My question was not intended to be frivolous. You might as well delete my posts. I won't be back.

Sorry to offend you. My comment was meant to be friendly joking, and I tried to mark it as such.

Well, then seriously, if you have material that you posted that you don't want copied or shared, you're free to delete it yourself. You have control of that. The forum is not going to go out of it's way to protect your material, since you put it here. If, however, someone else posted your material, and you can prove it is your property and wish it to be removed, we can arrange to remove it.

On the other hand, the forum attempts to protect Helm's copyrighted material, because if it ended up here, it wasn't likely put here by Helm. So we act on their behalf in good faith.

Disclaimer: this is my opinion and not official forum policy. I am not the owner of the forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back