• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Random thoughts / pics thread

Bingo!
For what you're getting one could buy a really nice, practical car or suv.
A lot of us, in fact most, are on a budget that doesn't include $30k+ toys.
I for one could afford a new DCT 'Wing Tour, but some other pleasure would have to give.
For me, that would be 4 trips to Florida on the St.Pete beach for a month in the winter.
Hmmm, Goldwing or 4 winters of a month escape from the bitter cold?
I know which one I would choose.
Yabutt…..I already live in Florida by the beach …..so……

Why not now? The passenger will love the accommodations. It has the optional DCT that you like. It’s smooth, powerful, with great weather protection. What’s not to like, except maybe the price?
Definitely the price, I'd rather have $30k in a bunch of different bikes as opposed to all in one bike LOL, unless I could afford a Wing too, and I cannot. Hell, counting my 4th bike I just purchased yesterday, I have nearly $25k in those 4 bikes, no room in the budget for a Wing. But there might be one day, especially if I score a sweet deal on a mint used one.

Definitely the price, I'd rather have $30k in a bunch of different bikes as opposed to all in one bike LOL, unless I could afford a Wing too, and I cannot. Hell, counting my 4th bike I just purchased yesterday, I have nearly $25k in those 4 bikes, no room in the budget for a Wing. But there might be one day, especially if I score a sweet deal on a mint used one.

Assuming you might someday want a ‘Wing with DCT, then a few years down the road they be available for half the price of a new one. I agree it is better to have a fleet of variety bikes than to put all your moto-monetary resources into just one bike. I bought my Goldwing when it was 2 years old and in near mint condition (there is really no such thing as a mint used motorcycle), and saved a bundle.

Assuming you might someday want a ‘Wing with DCT, then a few years down the road they be available for half the price of a new one. I agree it is better to have a fleet of variety bikes than to put all your moto-monetary resources into just one bike. I bought my Goldwing when it was 2 years old and in near mint condition (there is really no such thing as a mint used motorcycle), and saved a bundle.
I'm pretty content with my Nomad for the cruiser category duties for now, but when it dies one day, I may then begin looking at DCT Wings!

It's funny, a lot of my friends are out there driving $50-70k new trucks, and I'm over here with $25k worth of motorcycles, and my truck and my car combined are worth a little over half of what my bikes are worth. I used to like nice vehicles, until I got bitten by the multiple motorcycle bug. LOL

Hard to believe a truck can cost $70K. I know they can, just hard to imagine it. I'll bet my son's new V8 Tundra was over $50K. Just crazy. I just don't care about cars much. Never have. I'm rarely in them. I used to ride with a guy (rip Bob) that was never in a car. If him and his wife were going to a function, she would drive, he would ride his bike and meet her there. The most dedicated motorcyclist I ever knew. I only wish I was a dedicated as Bob was. That guy was a rider!

My truck I bought brand new in Sept 2009 will soon be 12 years old and has 61,000 miles on it. According to my log I have ridden my bikes 220,155 miles in the last 11 years.

Just for the record fellas, both my bikes were bought used. I bought my 2018 Goldwing DCT over two years ago with 1,700 miles on it for under $20K, flew to Arkansas and rode it home.

Anybody who pays $30,000 for a Gold wing has more money than sense……

I once said I would never pay $10,000 for a car, $5000 for a motorcycle, or over $1,00 for a gallon of gas. I also said in 1968 the 750 Honda was too complicated and no one would buy one, and in 1975 that no one would buy a Goldwing because the electrics and kick starter were in the tank where the gas was supposed to be, and it weighed over 600#s.

Life has a way of making fools of all of us lol...... (edited)...particularly me

Last edited:
One of my new favorite pics. My son on his Yamaha, talking to his son on his Yamaha. Took it today as were were leaving for a ride. The 8 year old wanted to ride with us. He can't wait until he can join the "men" for a street ride. If he was 16 I'd give him a motorcycle so he could join us. He's a great kid.

nxvUqiXh.jpg

Back