• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ran across Michelin POWER 5 a few days ago

• Thread starter Deleted member 5383
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5383

Ran across Michelin POWER 5 a few days ago, already a few more tire retailers have it listed. But I usually go AMT. Anyway, it's about $20 cheaper than the Road 5 and evidently of the same lineage.

p__98623.1578089155.png

I ran with the M PR4's front and back after the first set went away, and when the PR4's were discontinued for our rears, I switch to PR5, front and back. They have not been on long enough for me to give mileage, but their grip in wet and dry are awesome. I have no complaints at all and I have never (knock on wood) had them slip out or stutter.

Good find on the price!

I thought PR4 rear was mundanely uninspiring. But I might be willing to give Michelin another chance at some point. If the price isn't insulting.

Kind of looks like the Power 5 gave an excuse to raise the price of the Road 5.

Incidentally Michelin will likely be running a $50 rebate on PAIRS (no singles) of tires starting March 1 through March 31. Just found out on a blind web page here, nobody has announced yet: https://www.bikebandit.com/deals/michelin-tire-rebate

I usually buy single rears since the Avon trailrider front on an NC seems to last as long as 2.5 to 3 long-life rears, but I thought some might like to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
So BRIDGESTONE is having a rebate for lots of sets/pairs now too. I really only am due for a rear, but I think I will check out the fairly new Bridgestone Battlax Adventure A41 since I prefer multi-compound tires with tread pattern across the center – and because the more aggressive 50/50 version on my WR250R kicks ass! Actually my NC had BT023 on it when I bought it, and I really liked the handling and feel and squeezed a lot of miles out of 'em. Riding on a friend's bike the T30 felt great too, so I'm fairly confident. AMT sells the A41 rear for $145.36 (click) so the wallet bite is more like the much-loved Avon Trailrider instead of the bloated Michelin chomp.

303976A41Rr__90553.1512028295.jpg

Back