• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rally Raid kit for NC700/750X

Ok hopefully some one here can help me out. This would be alot more attainable if I knew for a fact the NC wheels and the cbx wheel are the same. That way I can let the cbx guys know and getting 40 people would be a whole lot easier so if there is anyone here the have both a NC and a cbx could do a mock fit front and rear to see if they work on the cbx. RR says they will not be offering wheels makes me think something is different between the two. Thing is if woodys does a wheel I bet it will be better than the one RR makes and I think he could do a tubeless wheel as well i will have him look at both options.

According to Jenny last year at OX the wheels are NOT the same. The hubs are different.

According to Jenny last year at OX the wheels are NOT the same. The hubs are different.

Ok thanks so this will be a NC only deal I will try to reach out to as many NC owners as I can once they have the measurements. I am also working with my friend to see if he can mill a set of 1-2 inch extenders with preload adjustability integrated so we will see how that works out. I know this has been done already because I ran across thread several years ago and a guys had made some but they were for 43mm fork tubes.

Last edited:
Wheels are off to woodys lets see what they come up with.

Attachments

• WP_20160502_12_52_43_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160502_12_52_43_Pro.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 947
Ok I will be giving my fork preload adjusters to my buddy and see what we can mock up. He is only concerned about the thread pitch and the size he may not have a tool. If he can't do it I will find someone that can. I already know how it needs to be done.

Man I just found a Vstrom wheel and I negotiated the price I wanted and at the last second I blew up the pic and noticed a ABS ring on the wheel.Suzuki never offered ABS on the 1000 !!.
The guy apologized for the mistake.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Option #3.
78-83 XS650 Yamaha front wheels use the same OD wheel bearings as the NC !!.
The only issue is the rotor is to small so a bigger one will need to be sourced OR lower the caliper .

After more research I found that most of the XS and RD line will accept our bearings ..

Last edited:
Ok so here is what I'm doing.I bought this wheel tonight,$60 shipped.Im going to install NC bearings in it,mount up a tire and fabricate a caliper mount because the XV535 rotors are 298mm and try it out.I will install fork extensions if needed.If it works good I may have a custom wheel made up and if it doesn't I'm out just about $150....
d714eebc945d2b8953b52353e04ff953.jpg

Last edited:
Ok so here is what I'm doing.I bought this wheel tonight,$60 shipped.Im going to install NC bearings in it,mount up a tire and fabricate a caliper mount because the XV535 rotors are 298mm and try it out.I will install fork extensions if needed.If it works good I may have a custom wheel made up and if it doesn't I'm out just about $150....
d714eebc945d2b8953b52353e04ff953.jpg

Nice!
Do you know what the wheel is weighs, perhaps equal to the gyro power of a 21" Excel wheels !! not a bad idea, at the right price! Good!

My experience in providing rims in the forest ... is they break .... Will buckled on the first tour.

Smooth gravel roads works, but the slightest unevenness kills everything that does not have DiD or Excel quality effectively.

After scanning the market, I choose to build 2 wheel "adventure" One, I had rear wheel previously and the front wheel is under the building. Then I shift when needed. The bike used most at home, in town so I try it to begin with.

The rear wheel is 2.15 x 18 "and the front wheel is 1.85 x 19" with 320 mm disc

A friend's brother came and wanted to buy the bike .... at a very good price, so who knows! :) Maybe I ride a different bike in a few days ..... And then !! Are both of my ADV wheels for sale!

IMG_1998.jpg
Was lucky enough to win an auction on eBay
99 Euro for the skid plate (299 + shipping) and 30 Euro for the radiator cover (53 + shipping) (not assembled here) Think we are very few, which is now building on the NC model

Last edited:
One thing to remember is the impact of a smaller diameter disk on your braking. Honda front brakes work well with single caliper because of the large diameter disk. Modifying to smaller diameter will significantly reduce front wheel stopping power.

Option #3.
78-83 XS650 Yamaha front wheels use the same OD wheel bearings as the NC !!.
The only issue is the rotor is to small so a bigger one will need to be sourced OR lower the caliper .

After more research I found that most of the XS and RD line will accept our bearings ..

This is great to know. I've got a '79 xs650 in pieces in the garage, but I probably won't ever make the change.
MikesXS has a billet front hub for sale. I assume you can lace up whatever size rim you want. I also saw a complete front wheel from an xs650 on ebay for less than $200.

What I'm doing is basically to see if all works,IF it does then the RIGHT wheel and brake setup will be sourced. As far as the steel wheel go's that's all we had in the " old days" and there were some pretty heavy bikes doing stupid stuff in the desert !!.hehe

Back