• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rally Raid kit for NC700/750X

Ok got my wheels back and woodys has the measurements to make a set of wheels but as you would expect it's expensive and will take time so at least he has the measurements the front hub will have to be a complete one off just like the rally raid cbx. They think they can use a 940 hub for the rear and machine a adaptor for the stock rotor so there you have it looks like nothing new at this point. They seem eager to get a set built so I would say those that want a set start calling and requesting a wheel set.

I read somewhere that the front RR/CBX wheel is around $300.
It runs a 320mm rotor just like the NC and the wheel bearings are larger ( ID ) then the CB which is a 15mm ID so RR supplies a sleeve so MAYBE the bearing would accept our 20mm axle ???.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

I just sent a email to RR to see what size wheel bearings they use .Im hoping that it uses a 20mm ID,if so there is our 19" front wheel !!!.

The wheel I bought is from a Yamaha XV535 virago ( $60 shipped ).It uses the same OD wheel bearing as the NC so I will remove the stock bearings and install a new set of NC bearings ( $14 ).So here is the plan..
I will install the new bearings and install the wheel on the bike minus a tire.Then I will ATTEMPT to fabricate and bracket to relocate the brake caliper to accommodate the 298mm rotor.At this point I will be into this project approximately $74.If all go's well up to this point then a tire will be bought,about $60 and tube about $15 and fitted to see if the new wheel makes contact on full compression.At this point if it hits then a set of 2" fork extensions will be bought $70 and then if that takes care of the problem test riding will commence.
If it go's well I will put some miles on it ( road ) and decide which permanent wheel set I will buy.

Last edited:
The wheel I bought is from a Yamaha XV535 virago ( $60 shipped ).It uses the same OD wheel bearing as the NC so I will remove the stock bearings and install a new set of NC bearings ( $14 ).So here is the plan..
I will install the new bearings and install the wheel on the bike minus a tire.Then I will ATTEMPT to fabricate and bracket to relocate the brake caliper to accommodate the 298mm rotor.At this point I will be into this project approximately $74.If all go's well up to this point then a tire will be bought,about $60 and tube about $15 and fitted to see if the new wheel makes contact on full compression.At this point if it hits then a set of 2" fork extensions will be bought $70 and then if that takes care of the problem test riding will commence.
If it go's well I will put some miles on it ( road ) and decide which permanent wheel set I will buy.

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Well I found out that the RR front wheel will work .
The wheel bearings they use are 30x47x9mm
Ours are 20x47x14mm
Same OD ( the important part ) and 5mm narrower which shouldn't really be a problem.I believe they use a sleeve so you can use the stock 500x axle.

I checked the OD on the new wheels bearings to be sure before ordering some NC bearings .....
47mm !!.
WooHoooo
Now I will order the new bearings in a week or so.

Hey All, I realize this is an old thread, but there doesn't seem to have been much progress over the last few years as far as spoked wheels go for the NC700x. I'm a new rider and I use my NC700x to commute to work daily, but I also have been going on camping trips down in Baja. I love getting 65 mpg on my commute, and it's very comfortable to take on long trips, but I'd like it to be a little more capable off-road. I saw this video on youtube of a custom NC750x build, can anyone provide insight as to what forks and wheels this bike is using? Here's a link to the video:

Hey All, I realize this is an old thread, but there doesn't seem to have been much progress over the last few years as far as spoked wheels go for the NC700x. I'm a new rider and I use my NC700x to commute to work daily, but I also have been going on camping trips down in Baja. I love getting 65 mpg on my commute, and it's very comfortable to take on long trips, but I'd like it to be a little more capable off-road. I saw this video on youtube of a custom NC750x build, can anyone provide insight as to what forks and wheels this bike is using? Here's a link to the video:
Why dont you just go that youtube poster and ask them the details of the build...anyone on here probably can just make a guess...the youtube blogger is motorcycletube. Nevermind...just noticed that the blogger was just filming a bike at a motorcycle show....

Back