• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Raising links ??

First let be say that what I know about motocross and super motocross, you could put in a thimble. (I do know about Flat Tracking and Road Racing) And I know from where you live, is that you get to do some great dirt road ride adventures, a lot more than I could ever dream about where I live at. If I planned on doing a lot of dirt road riding you are one of the people who's brain I would try to pick, as I know you know what you are doing.

From flat tracking I know the larger the yoke angle at the frame, the better control I got until I reached the point of diminishing returns. Then the rear end of the bike passes the front end of the bike. Seems to me that in the type riding you do, great dirt roads, if you raise the back of the bike the yoke angle decreases. Sort of like road bike racing, when I decrease the rake angle, controlling of the bike really speeds up. Then small movements make bike control differences real fast. The better I am able to control these fast movements the more races I win, but also the more mistakes make big differences..

So, please explain (to this not to often dirt road rider), what raising the back end of the bike does for dirt road riding.

Yes,I want to try the fork extensions but I would also like to raise the rear the same and gain ground clearence.I'm going to built the ulitimate ADV X this winter and ground clearence is a priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes,I want to try the fork extensions but I would also like to raise the rear the same and gain ground clearence.I'm going to built the ulitimate ADV X this winter and ground clearence is a priority.

I saw that Hyperpro makes a custom rear shock to your specs-not sure if anyone has gone this route or not but it would certainly improve the rear suspension on the NC if you were willing to spend the $$ for your ultimate ADV X.

I will go for a new shock at some point just not sure when.I like to make most of my mods,I might try to find a 1" longer shock from a different bike !!.

The Soupys adjustable dog bones allow you to lower or raise the rear of the bike. Check here: NC700X Lowering Links, NC700X Lowering Kit, NC700X Lowering Link, NC700X Adjustable Ride Height, NC700S Lowering Links, NC700S Lowering Kit, NC700S Lowering Link, NC700S Adjustable Ride Height . Just request the ability to raise your rear end rather than the standard lowering only setup.

Or, if you have machining abilities and equipment, you could make your own custom shorter dogbones that will raise the bike however much you need. The nice thing about the Soupys ones are that you aren't stuck with a fixed height and it'll only cost you about $100.

The Soupys adjustable dog bones allow you to lower or raise the rear of the bike. Check here: NC700X Lowering Links, NC700X Lowering Kit, NC700X Lowering Link, NC700X Adjustable Ride Height, NC700S Lowering Links, NC700S Lowering Kit, NC700S Lowering Link, NC700S Adjustable Ride Height . Just request the ability to raise your rear end rather than the standard lowering only setup.

Or, if you have machining abilities and equipment, you could make your own custom shorter dogbones that will raise the bike however much you need. The nice thing about the Soupys ones are that you aren't stuck with a fixed height and it'll only cost you about $100.

Thats exactly what I was looking for,thanks..

Hey mate, this is exactly what I want to do with with my NC700S so that I can have more fun on gravel roads. I have purchased handle bar risers and Avon Trail rider tyres and sw-motech skid plate. Now Im am VTX 41mm 1" fork extensions plus a way to get more ground clearance out of the rear. Any info you can give me will be super appreciated.
Thanks Will

I have an NC700S if I want to raise the ride height at the rear will simply fitting NC700X linkages at the rear do the job? Are the NC700 X linkages longer as standard than the NC700s links. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Any good engineering shop (or person) could make shorter links for the NC700. Just measure the distance between the links mounting holes and reduce the length. Start at about 1/4" less between holes. Just have them made them from steel as it is cheaper and will not alter the overall weight of the bike by much. You could make them yourself quite easily if you have access to the tools required.

Go visit BikefarmMV they have a few diiferent "Tail Riser" links to choose from being 25 mm, 30 mm, 35 mm, and 40 mm I believe and VTXtreme makes 1", 2", 3", and 4" fork extensions that fit the NC700 and make sure to click on honda fury extenders when you as they have the same thread pattern. 2" extenders and a 40mm riser should give roughly a 1.5 inch increase to ground clearance. Both products are professionally made and super durable, the links are also steel so they'll hold up to a beating. The seat mod becomes unneccesary after putting on even the 1" extension on but the 2" extension in the front and the 40mm rise in the rear the seat mod is still totally unneccesary.

Back