• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Radiator Side Panels?

The site you linked has a button for asking product questions. Ask them what their purpose is. I have no clue.

I tried asking question.

The site you linked has a button for asking product questions. Ask them what their purpose is. I have no clue.

I did press the product question link and that only opened up another page with general information on many things. There wasn't a simple avenue to ask a question on this specific item. It appeared it would be faster to get someone here to respond before they would. But I'll do my own research. :)

From Amazon product info:

ABS plastic

Improve wind protection on legs

Sticker kit supplied for personalization

No modifications required

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I think they are more for aesthetics, than function..........just covers the bare radiator hanging out there for all to see......which could have been hidden better somehow by Mr. Honda during Design.

I think they are more for aesthetics, than function..........just covers the bare radiator hanging out there for all to see......which could have been hidden better somehow by Mr. Honda during Design.

Compared to most other vehicles, one aspect of motorcycles that I like is that much of the working “machinery” is visible. I like seeing the machinery. I wouldn’t want my machinery covered with an extra cheesy piece of plastic.

As for the purpose of these radiator panels, one possibility is they are meant to resemble the radiator shrouds on motocross bikes. There are quite an array of radiator shrouds available for them, as I noticed from a quick browse.

Last edited:
Back