• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Racks

One of the top 3 accessories I've put on my 2015 DCT. And when you consider what you pay for Barkbusters (mostly plastic with some aluminum), these are a great deal.

Pics for those of us not indoctrinated?
This is OEM quality, mine has been on my bike since almost new. Rain, shine and in between. Loaded and unloaded.

Here it is on my 2018 with a Corbin seat:

fullsizeoutput-6f3c.jpg

TOP view

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 10.00.22 PM.png

Bottom view:

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 10.00.45 PM.png

Mine came in today, 10 minutes after work it was on the bike. it is built very well. It latches well but you have to press it down a bit to get it to unlatch. It is very easy to get to the gas cap and it looks like it should be easy to fill. There is a ton of space under the rack. I may be able to stash a small tool roll or something. This is how the bike should have been equipped.

How do you take the prop rod for the pillion seat off the bike? I got it out of the seat with the cotter pin.

how does this feel when riding the bike? I sit back on my seat and it looks like I would be right up against the rack. I do like the design, just unsure if it would be uncomfortable.

I haven't ridden it yet. Just sitting in the garage I can tell my butt touches it but I don't know that it presses up against it. I'm working dawn to dark right now so I won't get back out until this weekend. I think it would also depend on your build and posture. I could see how somebody could end up pressed against it. I am touching it but I am a pretty big ol' boy. I will let you know if I find it uncomfortable this weekend.

I've had Dale's rack on my 2015 DCT since the first year. It's no issue when riding -- doesn't change the comfort of my Sergeant seat at all. The "lip' that bends down toward the bike offers a bit of a "ledge" to lean against when I scoot to the back of the seat. I've even pushed way back and sat on the rack for short periods to stretch my legs.

It's a great piece of kit.

how does this feel when riding the bike? I sit back on my seat and it looks like I would be right up against the rack. I do like the design, just unsure if it would be uncomfortable.
at 6'5" and 36" inseam i too sit way back on my seat, and although at times i barely sense it touching me, it does not bother me at all even on 500-600 mile days! :{P

I can tell it is there when I am sitting with good posture. After a while I was slouching and it was really uncomfortable. I noticed that, straitened back up and it was OK. I am going to keep it on for now but I will eventually pull it off unless I am going to use it for cargo. I liked not having to move my key to get to the gas though.

I can tell it is there when I am sitting with good posture. After a while I was slouching and it was really uncomfortable. I noticed that, straitened back up and it was OK. I am going to keep it on for now but I will eventually pull it off unless I am going to use it for cargo. I liked not having to move my key to get to the gas though.
I do have Dale’s rack, but either way I don’t move the key to get gas or open the frunk. I have a dedicated frunk key. https://nc700-forum.com/threads/creating-a-dedicated-key-for-the-storage-compartment.393/

I've had Dale's rack on my 2015 DCT since the first year. It's no issue when riding -- doesn't change the comfort of my Sergeant seat at all. The "lip' that bends down toward the bike offers a bit of a "ledge" to lean against when I scoot to the back of the seat. I've even pushed way back and sat on the rack for short periods to stretch my legs.

It's a great piece of kit.
Agreed.

I don't even notice it when I'm on the bike. I used it for thousands of miles with a Corbin seat. Now I'm using it with a Russel's Day Long. Never notice the Dale's rack unless I push myself back into it, and even then I don't really have any issue with that. It feels no different to me than the OEM pillion seat.

Back