• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

RaceTech install - brazing?

jspivy

Reaction score
Visit site
The instructions from RaceTech were generic and mentioned brazing the hole on the left (if it's for a certain purpose). I've never heard anyone mention doing that so is it necessary I the nc700?
1e5206c17e22884a2e85fe6d14d3cc29.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

The hole on the left is for rebound damping, I believe. I don’t recall seeing anything about brazing, in the NC700 instructions that I had years ago. I don’t know why you’d want to close the upper holes. As I understood, the GVEs were intended to control compression damping, so you open the lower holes to allow the GVE to take over from the damper rod.

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming that.

The instructions they sent were for "Honda VF700-1100 V-4 ..." Along with brazing the rebound holes, it mentioned removing the rebound flapper valve which doesn't exist. Got the same instructions via email and going through their site.

Got the install finished and assembled with the stock springs (they highly recommend I change them with straight rate springs). Our gravel road is much smoother but road bumps don't always seem smother. The front often feels less harsh than the rear so it's an improvement. Brake dive seems a little less. More testing is needed along with springs.

One of my bikes (both with GVEs) had the Racetech springs and the other had stock progressive springs. I tried using the Racetech straight wound springs off road, and the ride quality was horrible. I think the RaceTech springs are fine if you live in the Southern US where roads are generally smooth, you want a tight, firm suspension, and you’re using the NC in a sporty manner. Off road, or in the northern US with crap roads, my opinion is that the stock progressive springs work better.

The progressive stock springs will have more dive during braking and the handing is worse when the chassis gets upset in corners, but at least you can get some travel out of the forks for large bumps.

My commute involves some patched potholes in corners which is a little unsettling with the stock suspension. If RT is too harsh, I assume lighter oil will help more (they recommended 15w).

I'm not opposed to gravel and dirt roads but I'm not looking for off-road or mud. So potholes is my biggest concern.

Back