• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

R&G shocksock & other ways to protect from a Brit winter

Rocker66

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.kawasakiw650.co.uk
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]As I don't have a car licence I will be using my NC all year round. to help protect the rear shock I have fitted a shocksock from R&G.I have a fenda extenda fitted and I'm still waiting delivery of a hugger and ducktail so I hope that when these arrive they should help protect the bike from the ravages of a British winter. Of course liberal quanaties of ACF should also help[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Last edited:
I will probably get one of those to protect the Wilbers or Ohlins shock when I eventually get it, but my preps for winter don't have to be so much to protect the bike because in the southern US they don't salt the roads and so forth. My preps will be Givi windscreen (installed), heated grips (waiting on installation parts), Barkbuster BHG48-NP handguards with Storm S3 covers (in transit), and a Powerlet connector for my electric clothing. One day there will also be a Russell heated leather seat. Winter bliss. Steam coming out the neck of my jacket and passers-by thinking I am a fool to be out on a motorcycle in weather like this.

The 700x has a 420 watt alternator which isn't huge, but it should power all this without issue. ABS requires a lot of power, and while I don't have ABS I benefitted from the larger electrical system that Honda installed to accommodate it.

Back