• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Questions Re: Selling My NC

Lee Dodge

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I have my NC listed for sale here and in a couple other places.

https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/s...2012-nc700x-dct-abs-wisconsin.html#post193293

I don't expect it to sell this late in the riding season up here so I had planned on restoring it to mostly stock before sale in spring.
My question is regarding tires and appearance mods. It currently has TKC80's mounted on it. Should I put regular street tires on it? I have normal street front and would just have to get a matching rear.

Second question is the bodywork. I have a mix of factory black and silver body work with a strip black vinyl wrap on the front. I have all the body work to make it factory stock silver. Don't have enough to go all black. My inclination is it will probably be easier to sell if it is stock original.
What say you all?

View attachment 35095View attachment 35096

I'd leave it as is. No point in putting money in it that you would not recoup in the sale.

Do you still have the stock exhaust? I'd include that in the sale. Some people, such as me, would not buy the bike with the aftermarket unit. I'm not knocking your taste in exhaust, just saying some people would prefer stock.

I agree with 670 I would leave it as is. I would try selling the extra parts here or eBay or you could just throw them in with the bike if you want to be generous

My opinion is that the bike looks nicely put together as is, certainly better than stock. I really like the colour scheme you have going there. The TKC80s give it an aggressive look and don't really hurt on-road handling. Let the new owner wear them out.

I would offer the stock body panels and exhaust with the bike. I bought mine with the same can as yours and while I don't dislike it I often wonder how much quieter my bike could be when leaving on my morning commute.

I agree with leaving it the way is and not spending more money on it. The bike comes with tires...check. For the body panels you could it in your ad that you have the stock panels and can put them back on if desired by the purchaser. My rational is some people like modifications and some don't. If it is mentioned in the ad it leaves options open to both types of buyers. Good luck on your sale :)

Thanks for the input guys. Based on what I read here I think I will leave the bodywork and tires as they are and return everything else to stock with the option to change back to stock silver if the buyer prefers. I just wasn't sure if anyone else liked the look of the bike as it is now. I prefer the black silver mix but didn't know if I was the only one. Previous experience confirms that accessories on the bike don't really increase the resale value so those will be removed and sold separately.

I do still have the stock exhaust and will be reinstalling it. The Leo Vince exhaust was on when I bought it and was really loud. I put the stock exhaust back on and it was so quiet I couldn't hear when the bike was going to shift. There was a quiet insert included with the Leo Vince so I installed it and put it back on to try it. It is near perfect. Just enough sound so you can hear it when accelerating and fades away at cruise speed. I highly recommend it. It even has a tab for the centerstand to rest on.

Last edited:
Back