• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question regarding new combination meter (gauge cluster)

JJ526

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to replace the combination meter (gauge cluster) on my 2014 NC700X due to a faulty engine oil pressure light. Is the total mileage stored in the meter itself or the ECM? I could not find anything in the service manual that states whether the old mileage will transfer to the new meter or not. I called the service department at a local dealer and the technician did not seem to know the answer. Any help is appreciated.

I suspect that the total accumulated mileage is stored within the conbination meter. There was a service campaign for 2014 models where Honda was replacing defective combination meters. As I understand it, owners were receiving new meters with zero miles on them, accompanied with a sticker showing the mileage accumulated prior to the replacement. Honda was unable to have the new meters display the actual vehicle mileage.

I replaced the dash/meter on my 2016 Nc750x because the backlight didn’t work. The original mileage of 18k was replaced with the mileage of the new/ used one 7k.

Back