• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

put a nx700x in honda ridgeline 2017 bed

I have a 2008 RAM 2500 Quad Cab with a short bed. I have to load the bike diagonally then strap it down to be able to shut the tailgate. I am pretty sure your bed is shorter than 6' 4" and you will have to leave the tailgate down.

The specs for the length of the bed on your truck online states it's 63.6", which is 5' 3.6". :(

I have a 2008 ridgeline, the rear tire sits between 1/2 and 2/3 of the way back on the tailgate. I'm not sure how your second generation ridgeline compares to the first gen in terms of box size.

Any shortbed truck will have to have the tailgate down.

Reactions: MZ5
I measured the truck and bike, and I believe it will fit, but you will definitely need the tailgate down. The bed is 5' 3", which is 3" longer than the Gen 1 RL. Based on Wildfire's comment, it "should" work. I haven't tried it and probably won't, but let us know if you do and how it goes.

The bed is rated for 1400 pounds or so, but I think the tailgate is 300, possibly due to it only having a cable support on the left side. If it was me I'd favor the bike's rear wheel weight to the left rather than the right.

Last edited:
Here is my small dirt bike in my 2017 Ridgeline. It is just barely on the gate, and there is 12" space between the tire and the bed extender bar. This bike is 75" length overall. The NC700 is 85" overall. So, the NC should fit, rear tire squarely on the tail gate, and with the bed extender in place.

Getting a new dirt bike tomorrow! :eek:

IMG_3391.jpgIMG_3392.jpg

So Jelly! Watcha gettin'?

The bike in the photo is a KLX140L. I’m just getting the same model with the bigger wheels, the KLX140G. Laugh all you want about it being a low horsepower play bike, but at only 209 pounds for the L and 218 pounds for the G, they’re almost as nimble as a trials bike. I like technical riding, and I much favor the light handling over the big horsepower and the weight that goes along with it.

Last edited:
The bike in the photo is a KLX140L. I’m just getting the same model with the bigger wheels, the KLX140G. Laugh all you want about it being a low horsepower play bike, but at only 209 pounds for the L and 218 pounds for the G, they’re almost as nimble as a trials bike. I like technical riding, and I much favor the light handling over the big horsepower and the weight that goes along with it.
I'm not laughing but smiling, as I did when I had a chance to rip those little bikes:
Cornerspin: Racing in the Dirt!

cornerspeed4 (1).jpg

I loaded my 2008 DR650 into my 2012 Ridgeline, and with the tailgate down, the rear tire hit about halfway on the tailgate. Only drove 600 miles one way with it and 3.5 V-6 did very well, but at 100K I think the rear shocks could use an upgrade. I will do that before I transport the NC750 which is a little heavier. Great "trucks" with lots of features. Be sure to remove the spare from the well unless you want to unload the bike if you need it.

Tailgate will be down. Honda advertises strongest tailgate in industry. They have adds with two dirt bikes in bed with rear wheels on tailgate.

Put it in. Tie it down well and don’t worry about it.

My 2006 Ridgeline had 517,000 miles when I traded for 2020. It carried a bike many times. Tailgate is same.

Back