• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Puig Windshield opinions/suggestions??

I am thinking about upgrading to a taller windscreen. My 2012 NC700X currently has the small factory one. I am looking at the Puig Light Smoke 5992H. I found it for $107 shipped. Any opinions good or bad. Any suggestions on a better windshield? Thanks, Jay
You might look at California Scientific. I have had the windscreen on my 2015 from the beginning and am happy with it.

You might look at California Scientific. I have had the windscreen on my 2015 from the beginning and am happy with it.
I checked out the California Scientific and they are nice looking windsceens, but the Puig I bought is working perfectly for me. Being 5'10" with a 30" inseam, its the perfect height to put the wind over my helmet and really looks good on the bike. Thanks.

I have read that others had issues with the Puig windscreen hitting the mirrors at full lock, but mine has about a inch clearance both sides. Bark busters could very well hit it.
The Puig is okay; better than OEM. The air just skims the top of my XL Arai with stock seat and me at 602. Bark busters do not hit at full lock. From the opposite side but you can see on the left it does not hit.

Attachments

• 8F716246-8AE5-4BFD-8D78-4B99543DD2B4.jpeg
    8F716246-8AE5-4BFD-8D78-4B99543DD2B4.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 27
The Puig is okay; better than OEM. The air just skims the top of my XL Arai with stock seat and me at 602. Bark busters do not hit at full lock. From the opposite side but you can see on the left it does not hit.
That's a sweet looking ride. Did you have to delete the handlebar anti vibration ends when you installed your Barkbusters?

I did delete them but found out from @dduelin afterwards that I did not need to do that. It takes just a couple of minutes to get them out, but I'm unsure how they are going back in. There is a very (emphasizing very) slight increase in vibration feel with the weights gone...at least in my bike.

Back