• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

puig windscreen

I ordered one ( Puig ) from Revzilla last Monday and it arrives Wed $ 122.50 great service. I got a chance to tri it Sat and Sunday for some short rides and it does what I wanted. The wind hits the top of my helmet no buffeting, and it hits my shoulders. I only did 70 but compared to the stock this works great . Im 5'7'' so you can figure what works. It also was a snap to install four screws out four screws in perfect hole alignment and good finish. I also fitted some KLR hand guards with a home made bracket I just did not want to spend over $ 100 so the KJR guards only cost $ 34 and they are large and keep the cold New England weather off the hands so my gloves work better, bat opp heated Ansi.

I got one thru Revzilla, ordered on Jan 27 and got it Jan 29 it went on easy 4 screws out 4 in perfect. Tried it on two short rides but only 70 mph. The wind hits the top of my helmet and my shoulders, clean air no buffeting. I am 5'7'' so for me this is perfect. Fit finish is great I got the dark smoke it looks awesome. The stock screen was useless I also fitted some kawi KLR hand guards with a bracket I made and that worked out as well, cheap $ 34.00 Andrew

If I get one, it's definitely going to be a puig dark smoke one. I think it matches the red / black NC well.

Got mine delivered this morning (Puig dark smoke touring screen)... (wanted light smoke but ????) .......went out and promptly put it on and went for a ride. Noticed right away that I had little to no wind pressure on my chest and better around helmet area. Way better than stock !!! I too noticed how easy to remove the 4 bolts from stock screen. I mounted the Puig with the same amount of tension. (I think !! LOL) . I did also mount Zeta 22mm bar risers as well....just a little tweek of the bars down and no hitting of the screen at full lock either way !! ;)
Going on a longer trip tomorrow so can give more input later !! :cool:

I have the clear PUIG Touring screen that I just removed from my NCXD and opted for a considerably larger screen for even better protection. Coming off a Burgman 650 Executive and before that a BMW R1200RT, I was used to a VERY protected and quiet environment. The PUIG did not reach that level for me. It will likely be in the Classifieds here very shortly.
PM me if anyone is interested. I just need to come up with a $$ amount.

I have the clear PUIG Touring screen that I just removed from my NCXD and opted for a considerably larger screen for even better protection. Coming off a Burgman 650 Executive and before that a BMW R1200RT, I was used to a VERY protected and quiet environment. The PUIG did not reach that level for me. It will likely be in the Classifieds here very shortly.

I'm not sure you'll find an equivalent version of either of those examples on any NC version. Most of that is up to the fairing and its original intentions. You're just not going to get an experience that's equivalent to either of those on an NC frame since both of those have heavily engineered fairings where the NC7X/S has none. I think you might be coming into this with unrealistic expectations.

Coming off a Burgman 650 Executive I was used to a VERY protected and quiet environment. The PUIG did not reach that level for me. It will likely be in the Classifieds here very shortly.
I also came off a Burgman with an aftermarket screen. It was very quiet and NO turbulence! I'm going to put my Puig Touring screen in dark smoke back on today and give it another chance before I put it up for sale.

I'm not sure you'll find an equivalent version of either of those examples on any NC version. Most of that is up to the fairing and its original intentions. You're just not going to get an experience that's equivalent to either of those on an NC frame since both of those have heavily engineered fairings where the NC7X/S has none. I think you might be coming into this with unrealistic expectations.

Good points Cage. I will order the adjustable visor before I sell the Puig. I really don't mind the wind on the body so much. I just want it to leave my head alone.
I'm 6'2" and if I duck my head down about 4", it gets exactly like I want it. No buffeting and much quieter. THat's all I want. If the adjustable visor doesn't do that. I'll be trying OCR's (well, not HIS) v-stream windscreen, It is considerably more money, but I plan on long distance trips and don't want to feel beat up when I arrive.

Good points Cage. I will order the adjustable visor before I sell the Puig. I really don't mind the wind on the body so much. I just want it to leave my head alone.
I'm 6'2" and if I duck my head down about 4", it gets exactly like I want it. No buffeting and much quieter.

I have the Puig with the adjustable visor. The windscreen itself didn't push enough wind off my helmet. I added the adjustable visor and that did the trick. It's not perfect though. Just better than screen alone.

Samsung Galaxy S4

I have the Puig with the adjustable visor. The windscreen itself didn't push enough wind off my helmet. I added the adjustable visor and that did the trick. It's not perfect though. Just better than screen alone.

I just put mine back on to give it another try. I'll leave it on and get the visor, too. If it helps at all, it will be acceptable to me!
I have the dark smoke one. Do you think it would look funny/weird if I got the light smoke visor?

I just put mine back on to give it another try. I'll leave it on and get the visor, too. If it helps at all, it will be acceptable to me!
I have the dark smoke one. Do you think it would look funny/weird if I got the light smoke visor?

I don't know. If it did look bad maybe you could try putting some window tint on it unless someone has a better idea. Maybe that's a dumb idea.

Samsung Galaxy S4

Here is a pic I took this morning showing my 3 windshields laid over each other for excellent comparison.
The original was IMHO, pure crap. The PUIG was a lot better but still lacking. The final larger one seems really really good.
No turbulence or buffeting on the helmet. I can ride 70mph with my visor open. An impossibility on the other 2.
Virtually no body pounding either..
I need to talk to the gentleman who I got the big shield from because I forfot which bike it came off of.
Definitely NOT a Honda, for sure.
I'll post that when I get the info.
I had to drill 4 new holes to mount it but who cares. Right?

Attachments

• 20140531_133930.jpg
    20140531_133930.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 228
I don't know. If it did look bad maybe you could try putting some window tint on it unless someone has a better idea. Maybe that's a dumb idea.

Samsung Galaxy S4
I don't think it would look bad. I did put on the Puig again today. I really like the look but it needs the visor. Now, I need to decide on the Puig + visor or the National V-stream....

I don't think it would look bad. I did put on the Puig again today. I really like the look but it needs the visor. Now, I need to decide on the Puig + visor or the National V-stream....
I would choose the Puig plus visor over the V-Stream. Better looking and better wind/buffeting control. And less expensive.
3 times better!

I would choose the Puig plus visor over the V-Stream. Better looking and better wind/buffeting control. And less expensive.
3 times better!

I wonder what OCR has to say about it? (I'll PM him and see if he has any input- he's prolly not following this thread).
I took a 120 mile trip down the interstate yesterday with the Puig (why do they call it a TOURING screen?) and have decided a big part of my problem is the helmet. I had on my half helmet I use around town. That won't work at all. I put on my full helmet this morning and what a difference!

pismo- I'm thinking you're right as far as the Puig goes.

My feelings on the stock Honda touring vs. the Puig touring is the stock Honda wins. But, I don't like either and will have to do the visor either way.

Back