• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Puig engine guard + Honda light bar?

NickV

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have the Puig guard installed along with the factory light bar? How was the install, and are they compatible or are the clearances too tight? Thanks

I don't have the light bar, but do have Puig engine guards.
If pictures would help you, let me know, if there are areas of concern, specify and I'll include in pics...

I don't have the light bar, but do have Puig engine guards.
If pictures would help you, let me know, if there are areas of concern, specify and I'll include in pics...
It might be easiest (and if you don't mind) to get a measurement from the inner edge of the bar to the bodywork or engine. Assuming that the bars stay equidistant from the bike along their whole length then all I need to do is measure from the outer edge of the light bar to the body work and determine if there will be any conflict...

I just found an older post that covers the same topic on SW-Motech bars, so I guess I'll go with those!
So...no need for the measurements? No problem at all, I could grab this evening?

It might be easiest (and if you don't mind) to get a measurement from the inner edge of the bar to the bodywork or engine. Assuming that the bars stay equidistant from the bike along their whole length then all I need to do is measure from the outer edge of the light bar to the body work and determine if there will be any conflict...

The 1st image is about 1 and 1/16th inches between the inner upper engine guard, just where the frame bends in underneath the upper radiator hose. The 2nd shot shows exactly where the 1st was taken.
The 3rd shot is a close up where the inner guard begins to bend and is taken just above the height of the horn, the 4th shot shows where.
The 5th shot is taken where the Upper curve of the engine guard, closest to the rider, is closest to the body panel. The last shows the 3 attachment points.
Not sure I got what you needed, so let me know.
20201002_103050.jpg20201002_103122.jpg20201002_103132.jpg20201002_103140.jpg20201002_103214.jpg20201002_103008.jpg

Thanks! The outer edge of the Honda Bar runs a pretty consistent 1.75 inch away from the frame & bodywork, so the clearances just aren't there. Looking like the Mutaza might be the way to go while keeping the OEM bar in place.

Back