• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Previous owner installed a Seat Concepts seat which feels good but makes the bike too tall for me. What do?

16DCT

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not really sure what to do here. Is taking it to an upholstery place to get some of the foam shaved off an ideal solution? Or should I just trade it or sell it for the OEM stock seat? I hear the stock seat is really bad, and I really do enjoy the Seat Concepts seat, but I can barely get my tippy toes on the ground with it. I think the stock seat would suit me better heightwise.

On a side note, anyone in the LA/OC county want to trade a stock seat for mine?

Prepare to experiment with seats and cycle through the choices until you find one that works for you. I would not modify the Seat Concepts, rather I'd sell it to someone who can use it as it is. Then pursue another seat option that will fit you better, a stock seat being the least favorable choice. There are many aftermarket seats to chose from, each having their own characteristics.

Prepare to experiment with seats and cycle through the choices until you find one that works for you. I would not modify the Seat Concepts, rather I'd sell it to someone who can use it as it is. Then pursue another seat option that will fit you better, a stock seat being the least favorable choice. There are many aftermarket seats to chose from, each having their own characteristics.
Yeah i'm almost thinking of getting the 'short' version of the seat concepts seat. I'm almost positive the one on the bike is the bigger version but I wasn't able to confirm because the previous owner didn't ask the 1st owner which version he got.

Lowering links maybe? I know nothing about them other than what I have read (6' 02" so not an important mod). Hope you are able to find a solution.
nah I've sat on an NC700 with a stock seat and it's doable for me. I just can't have a taller than OEM seat.
I will trade you my stock saddle, I'm up in Washington though so we'd have to mail them
I will think about it, thanks.

Back