• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Poutine

sumo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I made the trip to Ottawa to visit family.

It was hot when I set out in my mesh jacket but I had to change into my heavy riding jacket in the evening as it turned chilly.

I stopped at Costco in Peterborough for a Caesar Salad and water. Continued to L'Amable where I ate my sandwich, yogurt and more that my wife had packed for me. It's nice and relaxing to stop for a packed lunch, just make sure it's a place where no one will mind when you pee in the bushes. Next, on to Renfrew for a McDonalds coffee and danish. I left home at 11:00 am and arrived at my brothers at 9:45 pm.

Near 11 hours in the saddle and I was okay. The nine hour ride home was a different story. I didn't stop as much and was feeling it in my knees and butt. Stopping for a stretch and a little walk makes all the difference but it extends the driving day.

My bike is pretty much stock, but I do have a 20" Madstad. I had plenty of storage with the frunk, small top box and a gym bag strapped to my back seat. Mind you I didn't take much, I even forgot my toothbrush!

My 10 year old, $125, Garmin GPS worked great. This spring I download free lifetime map updates to it. I half expected them to say it's 'lifetime' is over.

Trip1 (2).jpg
Trip1.jpg
Trip2.jpg
Trip3.jpg
Trip4.jpg
Trip5.jpg

Friday and Sunday were traveling days, Saturday I took a trip up to Champlain Lookout. While eating my snack I struck up a conversation with Steve who was riding a Triumph 800 he asked where I was going next and invited me to ride down to Manotick with him for a Poutine. We stopped at the Vimy Memorial Bridge before parting ways. I then stopped at Hogs Back Falls and then headed back to my brothers.

Gat1map.jpg
Gat1p.jpg
Gat2.jpg
Ott2.jpg
Ott3.jpg
Ott1.jpg

Saturday night my brother, sister in law and I went downtown and watched the Spider and Dragon show then made our way to the Asian street festival and ate some Asian stuff as recommended by my sister in law who is a Filipino Canadian. Good stuff. I found this Dragon picture on the internet.

spider.jpg

Nice long trip sumo ! Too bad I was working when you messaged me .. I don't know how your butt endured all those hours on the stock seat ... but congrats ! Next time you come this way let me know in advance and we can join up ... there is lots to see in the ptbo area and surroundings. Cheers !

Back