• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Post Your Routes Here

drdubb

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Following a discussion on another thread, I thought it might be useful to have a thread for posting your favorite GPS routes. I thought this might be useful for when riding popular areas, such as the NC/Tenn/Vir/Ga mountains.

Finally, a great idea. I am tired of sifting through the mega posts on ADV
where it's almost impossible to tell where big bikes can and cannot go.
I guess everyone should post .gpx files?

If using Google Earth, a good starting point is the site below:

Curvature - us
You open the .kmz files in Google Earth.

Last edited:
I've been fooling around with trying to post some GPS routes here but either can't or don't know how to using the basic uploader.

They are saved originally as Garmin gdb files but I converted them to gpx. Some help please?

upload gpx or other files

I've been fooling around with trying to post some GPS routes here but either can't or don't know how to using the basic uploader.

They are saved originally as Garmin gdb files but I converted them to gpx. Some help please?

We will have to compress different file types in .zip or .rar format
so they can be attached to posts.
This is currently size limited to 97kb or less.
Unfortunately, I don't have any gpx files that compress less than 97kb.

We may have to resort to posting links to some dedicated (free) online repository (maybe google docs?).
Im open for suggestions.

Here is a sample:
View attachment Clutch Initialize Learning (PCM).zip

I use Furkot to plan the routes, and then an app called Scenic to import the route directly from Furkot onto my phone. Scenic isnt free to make it useful, but it doesn't cost much. The app has some quirks, but if given time, it can be made to work properly. Furkot can export out in different format for different apps or GPS units. I have also used Furkot exports in the Navigon app (which is my goto for the bike.)
Scenic App - check this for more information about the app.
MotoMappers - for more information on the pricing and everything else.

Furkot - this group is really working to cater to motorcycles and adventure riders. There is a thread on ADV forums for Q&A for getting into the deeper functions.

Here are a couple examples of some of my quick trips, and one for my trip down to TN in a couple weeks.
Furkot | Ride to Rabbit Hash
Furkot | Riding Around the Gorge
https://trips.furkot.com/ts/BUHOAN (one of my favorite roads, and about 40 minutes from my house.)

https://trips.furkot.com/ts/i2ldEw

Back