• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Post your 2021 Model Riding Impressions Here

We are fearfully and wonderfully made and with sufficient practice learn amazingly complex tasks that require little conscious thought afterwards. We learn to ride manual bikes with clutches and we learn to ride scooters and DCTs that have nothing for the left hand to do after we learned to ride bicycles that have coaster foot brakes or hand brakes that are the reverse of a motorcycle. You will master it.

You might toot the horn when you want to signal a turn though!
Or instead of a toot-toot warning with the horn as you are about to pass someone with the throttle wide open you drop two gears in the same amount of time it takes to say "toot-toot."

My fix was a piece of PVC tubing packed with steel putty jammed over the turn signal switch that stayed on the bike for 7 years:

Attachments

• putty tube.jpg
    putty tube.jpg
    602.4 KB · Views: 37
I am not trying to discourage anyone from buying the bike as everyone knows I have a love affair with this machine. It just does not feel right for me. I did not ride the 2021 NC but I did go and check it out yesterday at SunSports. There is zero question about it being a good looking bike. It was sitting next to a Strom and a Versys. I liked the looks of the Versys best, but the NC really did stand out. I'm 602, 235, 34" inseam, 36" sleeve length, 52" chest, 35" waist, I have a spare tire I carry around my mid-section. The 2021 just felt way too small for me and It reminded me of sitting on the rebel 1100 which felt like a minibike to me. The seat felt better than my previous NC and the slope was not noticeable in the time I spent sitting on the bike, which was very short. . It really reminded me of the Ducati Multi sitting on it in both weight and feel, which was also too small for my liking. Ergos were all wrong for me also. I did not like the position of the handlebars or pegs though I had tons of room in the knee wells. It is definitely a gorgeous bike and you get a ton for the money. But for larger riders it just does not seem to fit the bill as far as I am concerned. I know we can add pegs, risers, etc. But the overall form factor is just too small for my liking. I know that I am not the size of persons who are considered by the engineering/RD teams, but the overall form factor is just too small for my liking. I am sure it would be a ton of fun to ride. Oh yeah, the clutch was noticeably lighter and the frunk was obviously larger.

The Versys definitely got my attention, but I know very little about their performance.

Last edited:
I am not trying to discourage anyone from buying the bike as everyone knows I have a love affair with this machine. It just does not feel right for me. I did not ride the 2021 NC but I did go and check it out yesterday at SunSports. There is zero question about it being a good looking bike. It was sitting next to a Strom and a Versys. I liked the looks of the Versys best, but the NC really did stand out. I'm 602, 235, 34" inseam, 36" sleeve length, 52" chest, 35" waist, I have a spare tire I carry around my mid-section. The 2021 just felt way too small for me and It reminded me of sitting on the rebel 1100 which felt like a minibike to me. The seat felt better than my previous NC and the slope was not noticeable in the time I spent sitting on the bike, which was very short. . It really reminded me of the Ducati Multi sitting on it in both weight and feel, which was also too small for my liking. Ergos were all wrong for me also. I did not like the position of the handlebars or pegs though I had tons of room in the knee wells. It is definitely a gorgeous bike and you get a ton for the money. But for larger riders it just does not seem to fit the bill as far as I am concerned. I know we can add pegs, risers, etc. But the overall form factor is just too small for my liking. I know that I am not the size of person that are considered by the engineering/RD teams, but the overall form factor is just too small for my liking. I am sure it would be a ton of fun to ride. Oh yeah, the clutch was noticeably lighter and the frunk was obviously larger.

The Versys definitely got my attention, but I know very little about their performance.
For me it was down to the Versys and NC. I had owned a Ninja 650 years ago so I am familiar with the Kawi twin. The Versys has ~ 66 hp and 45 lb-ft of torque. My N650 was not as smooth as the NC but they may have improved that over the years.

The NC got the nod due to the frunk and ease of maintenance. I agree it is on the smallish side but my biggest complaint is the seat.

For the US market:
2012 model was 1st year of production
2013 2nd
2014 3rd
2015 4th
2016 5th
2017 6th
2018 7th
2019 8th
2020 9th
2021 model NC is the 10th year of production.

If any were produced in 2011 for early release somewhere in the world, then the 2021 NCs produced now would be the 11th (calendar) year of production.
I bought my now 80000 miles nc700x in January 2012 and it was indeed produced in 2011 . Just a few corroded connector issues with all year riding in Scotland and riding through deep floods and fords .

I bought my now 80000 miles nc700x in January 2012 and it was indeed produced in 2011 . Just a few corroded connector issues with all year riding in Scotland and riding through deep floods and fords .
And so it is, some were indeed produced in 2011. Yes, in the beginning, Europe got product earlier than North America. In the USA, it was the last week of July, 2012 when dealers first received the NC700X.

Good to hear that your 2012 has served you well for 80,000 miles.

Last edited:
Just got in from a nice Sunday morning curvy roads ride. About to turn over 4,000 miles on my 2021 purchased June 22 I believe, and enjoying it more every time I ride it.

Have a 56 yo nephew visiting from Nevada. Let him ride it yesterday while I rode my CB. He has an NC 700 back in Nevada. His first DCT ride. Afterwards he said "Now I understand why the DCT is getting such good reviews., It's kinda nice" lol. He also liked the shorter seat height, where he could almost flat foot it, instead of being on his toes like on his 700.

2,000 miles on the new bike.
Disappointed with the throttle by wire. It is damn twitchy.
A weak work around is to use/create a mode that is far softer with power and engine braking.

Discussed with fellow riders, BMW GS riders and Others , especially riding off road also complained.
Hit a bump and you pogo the bike.

Computer guy for decades. Perhaps they should try an algorithm with the TPS sensor , speed and
rate of acceleration .... duh ???

I will get used to it , but never Like it.

2,000 miles on the new bike.
Disappointed with the throttle by wire. It is damn twitchy.
A weak work around is to use/create a mode that is far softer with power and engine braking.

Discussed with fellow riders, BMW GS riders and Others , especially riding off road also complained.
Hit a bump and you pogo the bike.

Computer guy for decades. Perhaps they should try an algorithm with the TPS sensor , speed and
rate of acceleration .... duh ???

I will get used to it , but never Like it.
I would take it to the dealer and see if there is an issue with the TPS.

After 5500+ miles on my 2021 I'd say the throttle is really light and easy. I can understand where hitting bumps off road which throw you back (and therefore slightly pulling on the throttle) would make the throttle SEEM twitchy, but I have had no issue with twitchiness for street use in the three modes plus the user mode I set up which is in between standard and sport.

After 5500+ miles on my 2021 I'd say the throttle is really light and easy. I can understand where hitting bumps off road which throw you back (and therefore slightly pulling on the throttle) would make the throttle SEEM twitchy, but I have had no issue with twitchiness for street use in the three modes plus the user mode I set up which is in between standard and sport.
I was in your neck of the woods not too long ago in West Chester. It seemed like a very nice part of the country for riding. Glad to see that you are racking up the miles! How are/did the stock tires holding up?

We are entering our prime riding time here. But man alive, the seasonal residents are already here driving around half drunk, not a care in the world, no place to go and distracted by every other palm tree. Don't get me wrong, I've made mistakes while driving...no glass houses here. But holy mole has it gotten bad down here in SW Florida.

Yes I worked out of an office near West Chester for 24 1/2 years, although I travelled daily throughout Ohio, Ky and Indiana. I live about 35 miles south east of there along the Ohio River. The counties east of Cincinnati from Clermont, Brown, Adams, Scioto, Muskingum, and Athens provide really good riding. Suprisingly so.

Stock tires are holding up so far. Closing in on 6000 miles in next few days, and they still have some life left in them. Might go 7500.

I used to live in Ft Pierce for a short while in the 50s.

Yes I worked out of an office near West Chester for 24 1/2 years, although I travelled daily throughout Ohio, Ky and Indiana. I live about 35 miles south east of there along the Ohio River. The counties east of Cincinnati from Clermont, Brown, Adams, Scioto, Muskingum, and Athens provide really good riding. Suprisingly so.

Stock tires are holding up so far. Closing in on 6000 miles in next few days, and they still have some life left in them. Might go 7500.

I used to live in Ft Pierce for a short while in the 50s.

Oh I see. I was at one of our locations on Windisch Road. Saying you are lucky to be out of Ft. Pierce is an understatement. It's getting better but the crime and drugs over there is out of control (I'm retired LEO, but have a second career now, and some of my buds have told me).

That is actually great news on the tires and the amount of riding you are getting in. Seems like yesterday you were picking it up.

I'm reading the experiences about the 2021 NC750X with interest. I have 21,000 miles on a 2018 NC750X but have been eyeing a 2021 as I had thought the seat may be better, and it's a little lower. Well I went and looked at one yesterday and my impressions. It's a completely different machine! It just seems smaller overall, the seat is just soft, the trunk is cavernous, and I'd like to try one out. My biggest hang up is how none of my 2018 farkles will fit this new bike! On top of that, Madstad and SW Motech offer NOTHING for it, and I'm 100% vested in those brands! I'm guessing that's going to be an issue buying anything pandemic made?? It also seems the seat gets just as much flack as any other year model. Until something changes I'll be hanging on to what I have.

Well at 7100 miles I'm just about at the wear bars on the stock Metzler tires. They will go 7500 maybe. I have appt for next Saturday to get a set of stupidly expensive (lol) Michelin Roads 5s installed.

Well at 7100 miles I'm just about at the wear bars on the stock Metzler tires. They will go 7500 maybe. I have appt for next Saturday to get a set of stupidly expensive (lol) Michelin Roads 5s installed.
I wish mine came with Metzlers. Only got 1700 miles out of the Dunlops before I was well into the wear bars.

I wish mine came with Metzlers. Only got 1700 miles out of the Dunlops before I was well into the wear bars.

To me getting 1700 miles out of a stock set of tires would be more than mildly upsetting, unless one were doing burn outs and riding a little shall we say recklessly.

Back