• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Post your 2021 Model Riding Impressions Here

I looked at doing this today. I just happen to have some of the chair leg feet in my junk box. It seems like it might make a slight improvement but I am concerned about the front attachment because it is made of plastic on the 2021. I am not sure I want to drill, etc into the plastic support.

My gut feel is the root of the problem is seat foam being too soft.
On older bikes it had the effect of flattening the seating area and prevented sliding forward. The rider's weight really isn't borne by the plastic tab of the seat.

The rubber pads pass the weight of the rider thru the seat to the frame. Do the rubber pads on the 2021 bear on a plastic support or metal?

On older bikes it had the effect of flattening the seating area and prevented sliding forward. The rider's weight really isn't borne by the plastic tab of the seat.

The rubber pads pass the weight of the rider thru the seat to the frame. Do the rubber pads on the 2021 bear on a plastic support or metal?
The rubber pads bear on the plastic. None of the front stay is made of metal. Verified with a magnet.

I ride with my face shield part way open ALL the time, even on my naked bikes.
My helmet for the last 7-8 years is a Schuberth C3. It's been a great, quiet helmet but for poor ventilation and the impression it makes on my forehead after a long ride. And, that the stupid face shield does not stay put, even when new. From what I understand, all of these issues have been addressed in the C3 Pro and it is 2 db quieter, so I have one on order. Hopefully, the face shield will stay up in the air stream and if so, I'm going to be just fine with the Honda Tall Windscreen.

I also have a Sargeant seat on order. After that, I will just need some valve emulators for the front forks and then we will know that my father and Bob share at least one parent.

My helmet for the last 7-8 years is a Schuberth C3. It's been a great, quiet helmet but for poor ventilation and the impression it makes on my forehead after a long ride. And, that the stupid face shield does not stay put, even when new. From what I understand, all of these issues have been addressed in the C3 Pro and it is 2 db quieter, so I have one on order. Hopefully, the face shield will stay up in the air stream and if so, I'm going to be just fine with the Honda Tall Windscreen.

I also have a Sargeant seat on order. After that, I will just need some valve emulators for the front forks and then we will know that my father and Bob share at least one parent.
I am very interested to hear if the Sargent seat fits your 2021 NC. I got a response from them on 8/26 stating they have not verified fitment for the 2021 NC.

I am very interested to hear if the Sargent seat fits your 2021 NC. I got a response from them on 8/26 stating they have not verified fitment for the 2021 NC.
I know a couple of people over at Sargent and I've bought several seats from them. If the dealer here still has the 2021 that they had last week maybe I can get Sargent to lend me a new seat and try it on the 2021. They used to have a two hour demo program for ride-in riders to try out a Sargent. That's how I bought the first one 15 years ago.

I'll check tomorrow and see if I can do it.

I know a couple of people over at Sargent and I've bought several seats from them. If the dealer here still has the 2021 that they had last week maybe I can get Sargent to lend me a new seat and try it on the 2021. They used to have a two hour demo program for ride-in riders to try out a Sargent. That's how I bought the first one 15 years ago.

I'll check tomorrow and see if I can do it.
That would be great!

I have used Sargent seats in the past and have been happy with them. I was disappointed the person who responded to my email was wanting me to buy one based on his assumption nothing had changed for 2021. I asked if they would cover return shipping if it did not fit and he said "no".

It’s funny because they told me it would fit and they just haven’t updated the website. That’s why I ordered it. We shall see and I’ll report back.

I'm looking at the C3Pro and also the E1. Both use the exact same shell, same face shield, but the E1 uses a different top vent and a different chin bar. Chin bar is supposed to dramatically increase airflow into the helmet. E1 also comes with an adjustable sun peak, which I would probably remove completely.

I'm curious to hear about your soon to arrive C3Pro and if the face shield stays put, also if the ventilation has been improved.

Please post your results.

Also, any updates on the Honda tall windscreen? Have you had a chance to ride with it any more?
No updates as I haven't ridden since the short ride Friday night. Too hot here over the weekend and I work from home Mon/Tue. I'll commute on it starting tomorrow, hopefully with the new helmet, and report back.

One reason why I'm optimistic is from a Youtuber GeoAlex, who says the older Shad seat fits the 2021 model perfectly. That sounds to me like the mounting dimensions did not change. Fingers crossed.

My problem is the angle of the seat surface and the length of the section that is sat on. I can't scoot back very far without hitting the pillion section and the angle of the seat tends to make me work forward. Besides putting me a bit closer to the bars than I like, the main issue is what it does to my "junk" in this process. It causes the fabric in the crotch of my pants to kind of roll back, taking some parts with it such that I am now sitting directly on them. Lifting off the seat to try and "reset" things down there doesn't seem to help. After a few miles, numbness sets in. I've only commuted to work so far which is 28 miles and about 35 minutes of riding each way and it is noticeably worse in the afternoon (90+ degrees lately). I've only done this 3 times so far as this is my first week with the bike.
Perhaps different, tighter underwear so you can wear your "junk" more forward and high.
Only partially joking.
All kidding aside, when I ride my wife's new bike I actually like that the seat seems to want me just a little more forward. Weighting the front tire is often a good idea.

One reason why I'm optimistic is from a Youtuber GeoAlex, who says the older Shad seat fits the 2021 model perfectly. That sounds to me like the mounting dimensions did not change. Fingers crossed.

the Shad 2016 seat will fit on the 2021, but the 2021 stock seat won't fit on the 2016 weird

"should fit" ... " most probably" lol

No updates as I haven't ridden since the short ride Friday night. Too hot here over the weekend and I work from home Mon/Tue. I'll commute on it starting tomorrow, hopefully with the new helmet, and report back.
Update on the Honda Tall Windscreen: I still have my old helmet (the new one arrives today) so my face shield won't stay up over 60 mph. This morning was on the cool side so that didn't bother me much. I don't mind the feeling of the air stream on my head as it is actually kind of nice to help my poorly ventilated helmet and it's not so much that my head is being pushed around.

But the noise is excessive. So much that I cannot hear my podcast very well at all above 60-65 mph. At 70, you can barely make out about 50% of the spoken words, making it difficult to track the conversation. I like to cruise at 75, which is basically "going with the flow" on SoCal freeways in the FasTrak. I did get up to 90 at one point and you can hear nothing but wind then.

To give you an idea of the audio in my helmet, it is a Schuberth C3, well known for being one of the quietest helmets you can buy. It has the Sena 10U audio system installed, which is made especially for this helmet. It gets quite loud. As an aside, a great-sounding audio system that I recommend. When not riding, turning the volume up all the way is uncomfortably loud. Still, with the volume up all the way, it is barely audible at freeway speeds. Imagine all the sounds my ears are being bombarded with. I think a long trip would most certainly require earplugs or noise-canceling earbuds. This was not the case for me before when I rode my Tiger 1200 with a Puig touring windshield, which not only allowed me to keep my face shield open, but I could hear the audio quite well (two notches below max volume) and could even take a phone call at 65 mph, sometimes ducking my head down a little to hear better. People on the other end of the call said they didn't know I was riding a motorcycle as I came through loud and clear.

At this point, I would say that if the standard is to be able to hear a spoken-word podcast or take a phone call in the helmet's audio system at 65+ mph, the Honda Tall Windscreen fails. Not that you would want to do this, but to give you an idea of how loud the wind noise is. I know my use case is different than many of yours. If I was mostly riding in the country and on mountain roads and canyons (in my dreams), then this would not be a problem. This means I'm still going to be on the lookout for a better windshield or maybe I'll put on a deflector, which honestly, I think looks like crap. Or maybe ANC earbuds (with transparency) are the solution, if I can get the helmet on without them falling out.

I'll let you know if the C3 Pro helmet makes any difference (not holding my breath).

I'm curious to hear about your soon to arrive C3Pro and if the face shield stays put, also if the ventilation has been improved.
I've had a C3 Pro for about 4 years now. Great helmet -- all day comfortable (for my head shape), very quiet (especially in clear air), very good visibility. Decent ventilation, but you cannot ride with the shield up even "1 click" over about 20 mph -- it will close. There are folks that put felt tabs around the interface between the face shield and the helmet to create some friction to allow the shield to be kept open. If google you'll find several DIY's for that. Schuberth's customer service has been outstanding -- sent me 3 free top vent assemblies after I broke the slider on mine (my fault). They're at the top of my list when the time comes for a new lid -- the C4 Pro looks very good, although I don't like having an installed set of speakers and antenna that only work with their Sena comms unit.

Update on the Honda Tall Windscreen: I still have my old helmet (the new one arrives today) so my face shield won't stay up over 60 mph. This morning was on the cool side so that didn't bother me much. I don't mind the feeling of the air stream on my head as it is actually kind of nice to help my poorly ventilated helmet and it's not so much that my head is being pushed around.

But the noise is excessive. So much that I cannot hear my podcast very well at all above 60-65 mph. At 70, you can barely make out about 50% of the spoken words, making it difficult to track the conversation. I like to cruise at 75, which is basically "going with the flow" on SoCal freeways in the FasTrak. I did get up to 90 at one point and you can hear nothing but wind then.

To give you an idea of the audio in my helmet, it is a Schuberth C3, well known for being one of the quietest helmets you can buy. It has the Sena 10U audio system installed, which is made especially for this helmet. It gets quite loud. As an aside, a great-sounding audio system that I recommend. When not riding, turning the volume up all the way is uncomfortably loud. Still, with the volume up all the way, it is barely audible at freeway speeds. Imagine all the sounds my ears are being bombarded with. I think a long trip would most certainly require earplugs or noise-canceling earbuds. This was not the case for me before when I rode my Tiger 1200 with a Puig touring windshield, which not only allowed me to keep my face shield open, but I could hear the audio quite well (two notches below max volume) and could even take a phone call at 65 mph, sometimes ducking my head down a little to hear better. People on the other end of the call said they didn't know I was riding a motorcycle as I came through loud and clear.

At this point, I would say that if the standard is to be able to hear a spoken-word podcast or take a phone call in the helmet's audio system at 65+ mph, the Honda Tall Windscreen fails. Not that you would want to do this, but to give you an idea of how loud the wind noise is. I know my use case is different than many of yours. If I was mostly riding in the country and on mountain roads and canyons (in my dreams), then this would not be a problem. This means I'm still going to be on the lookout for a better windshield or maybe I'll put on a deflector, which honestly, I think looks like crap. Or maybe ANC earbuds (with transparency) are the solution, if I can get the helmet on without them falling out.

I'll let you know if the C3 Pro helmet makes any difference (not holding my breath).
As I suggested earlier in the thread, the Honda touring screen offered in 2012 was loud, according to owner reports. Apparently it's no better for 2021.

Around 500 miles on the bike. When I take it in for first service , needs headlights aimed and check the 'codes'.
Have a minor starting problem, previous new bike had same issue, when cold starts then stops in under two seconds.
This was the evaporator system on the old bike.

I don't like the twitchy throttle. On the CTX I installed a go-cruise throttle lock, just the slight friction/drag even when not engaged , I think this hid the problem.
I am installing a throttle tamer and someone gave me a throttle-meister. One or both of these should make me happy.

UPDATE: Throttle Tamer .... G2 Ergonomics will not work the ride by wire ... 2021 +. Guessing with tech support they
have a potentiometer on the end of the throttle, no cable ...

Last edited:
Back